By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Problem

My friend has a ps3 since January. And at first it didn't let him play online. Second, It woudn't let him sigh on. Third, It deleted all his Users. And Forth, the screen is blank and it said "Correct harddrive cannot be found. Cannot Start."

Any Ideas anyone 2 fix this problem.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

Any other replies

Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I have no clue what ur talking about, I have had my ps3(60gb) since november 06.

edit: Did he take out the HDD?

mM

Get him to restart (reboot/master) his whole PS3, he may have a corrupt file/setting.

If it doesn't run smooth after it being reset then I'd send it to get fixed, surely he has warranty?

@ leo-j: no
@ArtofAngel: He can't do anything all it say's is "Correct harddrive cannot be found. Cannot Start" with no other options.

Around the Network

1. Check that the hard drive is in securely.
2. Save any information to a SD card or other memory device that you wish to keep and reset/format the system.
If both of these don't work send it back to Sony for repair.

For the internet.

1. Check that it is set to use the proper connection type Wired/Wireless.
2A. If wireless, check that the router is set up to use the PS3 and that the PS3 has the proper passwords for any protection you have(I use Mac addresses and a WPA)
2B. If wired, check that it is plugged in securely from both ends.

3A. If everything is set up properly and resetting the router does not work, something is either wrong with your router or wrong with the PS3's wifi card. Does your router work for other devices?

3B. If plugged in properly and PS3 is set to use wired and it still does not work something is wrong with the systems LAN or your router. Does the router work for other wired devices?

If you need help with router settings, I'll happily provide it if you send me a private message. If none of this helps, contact Sony for repairs or tech support.

@souixan: Yes the hard drive is in securely.
@Soriku: seemes like the only option.

I also reccomended him to get a new hard drive, will that work?

Joeykanga said:
@souixan: Yes the hard drive is in securely.
@Soriku: seemes like the only option.

I also reccomended him to get a new hard drive, will that work?

If the problem is indeed in the hard drive being corrupt, yeah it should. If the problem is in the PS3 itself, no it won't do a thing.