By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which franchise will/would die first?

Which franchise will/would die first?

Mario 3 1.80%

Metal Gear 82 49.10%

Pokemon 15 8.98%

Final Fantasy 23 13.77%

Legend of Zelda 6 3.59%

Metroid 38 22.75%

Total:167

Vote and discuss.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure Metal Gear will die before these, I'm sure Kojima isn't planning on making the series last much longer.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I'm going with Metal Gear also.

Nintendo has taught others to make the games that Miyamoto originally created. Kojima just hogs all the glory still. Final Fantasy also doesn't seem like it is tied to 1 person nearly as much as Metal Gear.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

oh, and since you stuck this in Nintendo discussion and listed Metal Gear (not Solid), I can already claim that Metal Gear is dead on Nintendo

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

Woooow... this is a great question, lets start by saying you can cross Zelda and Mario off the list.. theve been alive for 20+ years and show no signs of slowing down. I really dont know though

Around the Network

I don't think any of them will, but I wish Mario would.

Humm, hard to say for any of those series. These are all series that, outside of Pokemon, have been going for more than 20 years.

If you would have phrased Metal Gear as Metal Gear Solid, I would agree immediatly, but being only Metal Gear, it's very unlikely that it will dissapear, not when Kojima has already hinted at the possibility of expanding the series much further beyond Solid Snake's reach.

For this one, i'll have to sit down, as I don't really see any of those series dissapearing anytime soon, not when they are all bannerholders for their respective publishers/developers

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Xxain said:
Woooow... this is a great question, lets start by saying you can cross Zelda and Mario off the list.. theve been alive for 20+ years and show no signs of slowing down. I really dont know though

All but pokemon have been alive for +20 years.

nordlead said:
Xxain said:

All but pokemon have been alive for +20 years.

im aware of that but dont miss the slowing down part.. i used the year to signify that Mario and Zelda a lond time but not slowed down while MGS, FF, Metroid( i think) and pokemon have in some way

Metroid and Metal Gear are the only titles that may eventually end, but I doubt they go away unless Nintendo goes away or Konami goes away!