By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Hack Released

radiantshadow92 said:
BladeOfGod said:
radiantshadow92 said:
i read it and it fucking sickens me >_>

why?

because the guy exploits his hack and will allow his mind to be used to basically steal >_>....i get that he wants to hack stuff just to prove that he did it and for a hobbie, but really? release how you did it? and then hope for software piracy, that makes me sick...piracy ruined pc gaming it ruined handheld gaming for the psp....eventually it will get to console gaming in a huge way and ill be there blaming people like him

And it ruined gaming for the DS, and the Wii, and the X360 and the PS2....

...oh wait.

Around the Network

I hope George Hotz gets into an "accident". Anyways I confess to have downloaded 1 game for free on the PC recently because I just couldn't find it in stores or any gamestop used bin: ONI for the PS2 (yes that game from BUNGIE, they weren't only the Halo company). So yea I got it for the PC. Other than that I have been clean and bought my games from steam (CSS, L4D, Killing Floor, etc.) Pirates do ruin in the industry. I could somewhat see George's intentions but that indicates he's very naive as far as how the world thinks or his ego is THAT big. I would say a little bit of both. I would pray that Sony put in a nice little surprise for those that truly hack into the system, like a hidden virus that breaks out and bricks the entire system rofl, that would be lovely.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

impur1ty said:
radiantshadow92 said:
BladeOfGod said:
radiantshadow92 said:

why?

because the guy exploits his hack and will allow his mind to be used to basically steal >_>....i get that he wants to hack stuff just to prove that he did it and for a hobbie, but really? release how you did it? and then hope for software piracy, that makes me sick...piracy ruined pc gaming it ruined handheld gaming for the psp....eventually it will get to console gaming in a huge way and ill be there blaming people like him

...oh wait.

no your wrong it didnt, but it will for future console if this keeps up....

EDIT: by the way, your post was useless

Smashed said:

nightsurge said:

I just pointed out you are analogous to a killer in the part you play in piracy.... You don't hack, you download.  Just as communist leaders, big name terrorists only govern or sell weapons, while lower down people do the killing.  They provide the ability, you take the action.  Which is worse?  Well without you there would be no action, sooo.....

I said thanks for your input.

Bottom line is I would never pirate a console game anyways, so this conversation is pointless. We're talking about two different platforms.

Is it any less wrong? No! 

It may let you sleep better at night, but it is no better...

impur1ty said:
radiantshadow92 said:
BladeOfGod said:
radiantshadow92 said:

why?

...oh wait.

Nice attempt at justifying hacking. But ok, it has greatly ruined PC gaming and PSP gaming. Lets also not forget how many companies have closed down. Just because the sales on software for 2 well established consoles on the surface has looked good does not mean that piracy hasn't affected them. Again look at how many dev companies have closed down despite releasing very good games. Sometimes devs release a game and want to at the very least be somewhat profitable, and that "minor" piracy could very well prevent that, especially when they put so much effort on the product and don't even get to the break even point. Classic example is Pandemic studios with Saboteur. Yes it wasn't an OMG AAA great game but it was still a good game that deserved better sales on the 360 since that is the shooter type console (i know it's a sandbox shooter but still a shooter). It seems to me you are justifying piracy.

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Smashed said:

nightsurge said:

I just pointed out you are analogous to a killer in the part you play in piracy.... You don't hack, you download.  Just as communist leaders, big name terrorists only govern or sell weapons, while lower down people do the killing.  They provide the ability, you take the action.  Which is worse?  Well without you there would be no action, sooo.....

Bottom line is I would never pirate a console game anyways, so this conversation is pointless. We're talking about two different platforms.

ROFL another PWNYOUINTEHFACE post by dsister44. I agree, PC is still considered a gaming platform and the software developers still depend on PC sales to stay alive in many cases, therefore it is UNJUSTIFIABLE to pirate in any way shape of form. And yes I openly admit that I was guilty of it once with ONI (for the record I owned the original copy on PS2 but got stepped on, etc). Speaking of which if anyone lives in the NY area and has ONI on PS2 and wants to sell it to me, let me know.

dsister44 said:
Smashed said:

nightsurge said:

Yep, way less wrong.

It's better. I stand by my line, I don't pirate console games, never have, never will. And if you read my post about piracy in the other thread, I usually do it to outdated games, such as rise of nations, RCT, old sims etc. You can't even buy those anymore in stores.

Edit: Also, I will pirate PC games that I have already bought, I have the original purchases for RCT, Rise of nations AND the sims, I just lost the discs. So you don't even need to call it "piracy" because I've already supported the developer. Believe me or not, I personally don't care what you believe.

Smashed said:
dsister44 said:
Smashed said:

nightsurge said:

Yep, way less wrong.

It's better. I stand by my line, I don't pirate console games, never have, never will. And if you read my post about piracy in the other thread, I usually do it to outdated games, such as rise of nations, RCT, old sims etc. You can't even buy those anymore in stores.

Really? Games you can't find huh

Rise of Nations  

Roller Coaster Tycoon 

The Sims 

That didn't take me too long...

he's releasing it because sony is going to patch it and if they do, there goes all his hard work, like i said. he's only releasing it because he wants people to mess around with it before it gets wiped out. him saying he 'has a life to go to' in my intrepertation means he knows it's going to be to much work to keep the ps3 hacked and therefor released it to the public.

Smashed said:
dsister44 said:
Smashed said:

nightsurge said:

Yep, way less wrong.

Edit: Also, I will pirate PC games that I have already bought, I have the original purchases for RCT, Rise of nations AND the sims, I just lost the discs. So you don't even need to call it "piracy" because I've already supported the developer. Believe me or not, I personally don't care what you believe.

You're a huge hypocrite.