By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Geoff Keighley: Mass Effect 2 Will Come To PS3, EA Just Can’t Talk About It Yet

Darc Requiem said:
Without ME1 it rather pointless. Mass Effect isn't like Final Fantasy. Each Final Fantasy game is it's own contained story and universe. Not only doesn't ME2 continue the story of ME1, the choices you made in the first game directly effect your quest in ME2.

Where were you when they announced "MGS Rising" on Xbox360

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
akuseru said:
CGI-Quality said:
God I hope not. This keeps the 360 different from the PS3. They don't need the same games.

Why? Now I don't care about getting Mass Effect or not, but if MS want 360 to be different, they should try making their own games for a change. Not (almost) solely rely on 3rd parties. If more 3rd parties abandon the 360, then maybe MS will start do something themselves... I think this is a good thing, it shows who's the weakest of the bunch.

Sorry, but your comments make little sense, as most of Sony 1st party games are from studios they purchased in the PS2's hey day...M$ could have bought Bioware, Valve, and Epic...but WHY?  That stiffles the industry...imho, I think a proper blend is a very good thing, but most of your games SHOULD be from 3rd party developers, not in-house stuidos....Perfect example is Gearbox...their roots were in modders getting together. 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Bioshock was an exclusive i hope ME reaches PS3 soon

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I'm all for good games getting to as many people as possible. MS is willing to pay for timed and full exclusivity, Sony as a rule will not. Their workaround to this rule is buying some studios outright. I'd love to see ME and ME2 on PS3 just like I wish Valve would figure PS3 out and I wish Xbox owners got to play Uncharted.

It probably will go to PS3.

Around the Network

Keighley is no one to speak such words lighly, so I think it's true. But it's not a big loss for the X360 though. The game is a timed exclusive, and released for the PC too.

I believe we'll see a $60 blu-ray with ME and ME2 later this year.

Not happening this year and it certainly will not include ME1. Bearing that in mind, whats the likelyhood of it selling well? Just another rumour stirrer with no evidence.

I believe anything Geoff says. It's going to happen. Bank on it.

Geoff did a pachter!!! :D

^^^^Don't you EVER compare Geoff to Patcher!!