By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Box = Poor Quality.

I was looking at Fire Emblem yesterday and I can't imagine what they were thinking when they made the box.

The front looks great, but the back is of such poor quality that it's hard to even make out what the pictures are suppose to be.

Maybe I'm just too critical since it's what I do for a living (Print shop), but really.... why would they use such horrible images?  If I was a normal consumer and didn't know anything about this game I would avoid buying it simply because the back makes it look like garbage.  

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

The back isn't that great but fire emblem is one of those titles that appeal to a very small niche and loyal following, not to random people who walks past and grabs it from the shelf. The target audience for it will buy it regardless of what the box art looks like because there's not much other choices.

same with the

MOTORSTORM box art

the back pictures are horrible....in EU at least

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I do have to say that I really like the front box art work. I haven't gotten all the way through the game yet so I do have to question is a dragon is really appropriate since so far the game is primarily about wars.

Show the box and show us what you are talking about?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

The front of LoZ:WW here in UK is wonderful, but i dont like the back, its split to show OoT images too.

there are a lot of poor back covers, i think its partly all the info that has to be put on like copyrights and publisher info, i think they should be allowed to put it inside like with books, or maybe on a seperate sheet to go inside the plastic wrap they put on.

I know it's a niche game, but I think there are people that use the backs of games to decide if they want to purchase it or not. I use to do that when I was a kid anyways and I imagine a lot of people still do.

It would have been easy for them to do a decent print for something like this and the fact that they didn't confuses the hell out of me. It's not like it saves them money or anything. So why risk losing some sales because of it? They would have been better off not putting pictures on the back as opposed to pictures that make the game look horrible.

Sorry Soriku, I don't have the game yet so I can't deliver an image.

TWRoO said:

there are a lot of poor back covers, i think its partly all the info that has to be put on like copyrights and publisher info, i think they should be allowed to put it inside like with books, or maybe on a seperate sheet to go inside the plastic wrap they put on.

The info on the back is fine though.  It's just the pictures are so grainy you can't tell what they are.

@ Soriku

http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/12248_fire_emblem_radiant_dawn-orig.png

This isn't quite the same as the box I was looking at, but the images are still low quality like this one. It might be hard to tell off screen the way you can tell when holding the game.

The pictures on the back look a lot like a snes~64 era game. The one in the middle actually looks a lot like Gemfire to me.

Nick said:
@ Soriku

http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/Wii/12248_fire_emblem_radiant_dawn-orig.png

This isn't quite the same as the box I was looking at, but the images are still low quality like this one. It might be hard to tell off screen the way you can tell when holding the game.

The pictures on the back look a lot like a snes~64 era game. The one in the middle actually looks a lot like Gemfire to me.

I think it looks pretty good... Maybe that's just because Mia's my favorite character