By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "It Only Does 256 Players" new MAG ad.

lol Vp first person shooter relations....

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

I really don't like the "It only does everything!" slogan. I just have never liked arrogance, and it's a very arrogant stance IMO. But yes, these are fun ads.

nightsurge said:
I really love these commercials. They do make me laugh quite a bit. However I think this game is one big false advertisement... everyone I know that played the beta has said that TDM works great, but the objective stuff doesn't. They also said it has lag in the same way that MW2 does (like you fire 5 shots into some guys chest, but on kill cam you didn't even fire).

Crap, I know I'm sounding negative on the PS3, but that's not my intention. I just wanna hear from peeps who actually played this game the way it was intended and actually had a good match with others doing the same. My one buddy loved the beta and will likely get this game, so maybe I'll be able to play it soon

1) Which beta? Closed or Open?

2) I'm on 365D/65U and while torrenting at 250D/30U I experienced no lag. I'm not the only one. I have friends that experienced the same during the CLOSED beta. Never tried with the open.

3) There is no kill cam... 

4 ≈ One

CommonMan said:
I really don't like the "It only does everything!" slogan. I just have never liked arrogance, and it's a very arrogant stance IMO. But yes, these are fun ads.

not arrogance, truth!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

iWarMachine said:
lol Vp first person shooter relations....

That was my favorite part.

K: So, what position are you applying for?

I: VP of First Person Shooter Relations.

*cut to K with subtitle "VP of First Person Shooter Relations"* 

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
gamings_best said:
nightsurge said:
I really love these commercials. They do make me laugh quite a bit. However I think this game is one big false advertisement... everyone I know that played the beta has said that TDM works great, but the objective stuff doesn't. They also said it has lag in the same way that MW2 does (like you fire 5 shots into some guys chest, but on kill cam you didn't even fire).

Crap, I know I'm sounding negative on the PS3, but that's not my intention. I just wanna hear from peeps who actually played this game the way it was intended and actually had a good match with others doing the same. My one buddy loved the beta and will likely get this game, so maybe I'll be able to play it soon

that's becacuse everyone you know who played the beta is a dumbass that shouldn't play anything but MW2, tell them ALL to stay far away from this game!!!!!

p.s. they didn't even touch the game as there is no killcam

Wow, what a great counter argument.  /sarcasm

And I'm not saying that MAG has killcam.  I was giving an example of the lag there is.  You don't get to watch it in kill cam, but the same thing happens where you fire 5 shots at someone and its as if nothing was fired at all (like in MW2).  Same with bullet lag around corners.

What are you talking about?

OT: Loved the commercial. 

4 ≈ One

Awesome lol. And there WAS some lagg in MAG, but it wasn't on the scale of MW2. It just happened for about 1 second then you're back in the game... THere's no killcam also.

The game has almost no lagg, Idk how your friends could say that.

nightsurge, you have some interesting friends ....

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

CGI-Quality said:

Lag in MAG? Nope, haven't experienced it personally, and I've played in 256-player battles. I can comfortably say that this won't be a game for everyone but know MANY people who are buying it.

Regardless, Sony officially has the coolest ad-campaigns in the biz.

@DGC, if you don't know the type of lag i'm talking about, you wouldn't notice it in the game, especially without killcam.  It's something all MW2 players know and hate quite well though.  Also, just curious, but is your connection speed in mb or kb?  Because 100+mb connection is pretty much non-existant except in a very select few areas in Europe or something military.

@CGI, is it true that they use invisible walls, and that most of the time it isn't actually 128v128 and is just smaller squad battles?  Thats just some of the stuff I heard and I want to know what the reality is.  Is it really 128v128, or is it basically a giant map that is broken down into much smaller map sections via invisible walls and focuses on squad vs. squad combat?

hatmoza said:
nightsurge, you have some interesting friends ....

thanks   And seriously, people, I am not saying MAG has killcam!  I was using that as an example of the slight momentary lag that occurs.  Guess I should have used a better example, thats just the only thing that came to mind since I figure most people would probably know MW2 and what I was talking about