By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are exclusives so important to you?

It's fun to have VS battles here, but I have enjoyed just as many multiplats this gen as I have exclusives.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Chrizum said:
leo-j said:
its usually better since they make it best on the platform they can focus on..

Was Devil May Cry 3 better as a PS2 exclusive than Devil May Cry 4? Is BioShock a worse game when it got ported to the PS3?

I'm sure you get the point. There will always be exceptions.

I really don't. I think you should judge a game on its own merits instead of what platform(s) it's on.

To be honest, I think only getting hyped for exclusives is fanboy-logic. But I'm easily persuaded if people can provide solid arguments.

Chrizum said:
Boutros said:
Chrizum said:
leo-j said:
its usually better since they make it best on the platform they can focus on..

Was Devil May Cry 3 better as a PS2 exclusive than Devil May Cry 4? Is BioShock a worse game when it got ported to the PS3?

I'm sure you get the point. There will always be exceptions.

I really don't. I think you should judge a game on its own merits instead of what platform(s) it's on.

To be honest, I think only getting hyped for exclusives is fanboy-logic. But I'm easily persuaded if people can provide solid arguments.

That's also a factor actually. But I thought that was obvious ahah

Because bro if its exclusive it automatically makes the game that much better. Why? Because Im a fucking idiot like the majority of forum posters.

Exclusivity hardly ever fucking matter. You get that bullshit argument its SLIGHTLY better on Console A over Console B. Imagine if they only focused on Console A!! It could have been so much better.@@ FFXIII lost content because its multiplatform!!! All that is bullshit in the end it doesnt matter.

I'd prefer if developers focused on one platform when developing a game, that way you can fully utilize the strengths of the system. If it's gonna go multi-platform, I'd prefer they do a high-quality port at a later date. (like Bioshock)

Sometimes it even works out better for the console owners who get it 2nd. (see Tales of Vesperia)

Around the Network

Because they make my console better than the other guy's console!

Well an obvious minor reason is that it is often optimized to the specifications of the system. For instance, just about any Sony or Nintendo game.

But my biggest reason is that I have a definite lean towards Sony. I'm not in love with the company, that's not it. It's simply that Sony gives me what I want. There games are personally often among the greatest I've experienced. And an exclusive is nothing more than a potential boost to the system I like the most. They help to ensure the success of the platform to me and in the mind of the public. Therefore, sony will hopefully continue to give me what I want...hopefully. They haven't really let me down since the PS1 launched.

.....And it's awesome to tease people for not getting certain games! ;) j/k lol

The second I hear a game is multiplatform my expectations immediately drop. I didn't purchase a single MP game last gen and Im still not a total fan of them in this one. Her lies the issue....

MP games are inferior to Exclusive games, plain and simple. Take any MP game and just think, "What would this game have been like if it were Exclusive to one console or another?". Exclusive games push envelopes and utilize everything to their disposal. Imagine Halo:Combat Evolved being MP, forced to bend to the will of the weaker PS2. That game would not have garnered the attention it has today. Exclusives pave the way for what is possible as a game designer and encourage further improvement in time.

The Recession forcing most game publishers into going Multiplatform, and the heavy usage of Unreal Engine have crippled this gen in my opinion. Its like Video Game Dark Ages...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Dunno, once you have a couple of platforms you don't really need to go searching for games you don't have on your systems. Theres already enough content available as-is.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?