By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HOW did *YOU react when you first heard SAMUS' voice at E309??

HOW did *YOU react when you first heard SAMUS' voice at E309??

I loved Samus' new voice 78 80.41%

I didn't like it very much 19 19.59%

Total:97

I actually never noticed her voice in the original trailer because I was so excited about the announcement and I didn't realize it until I saw IGN's replay theater.

I like it but I'll need more to truly judge.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Slimebeast said:

Can someone explain to me why people are so excited about Metrid Other M (not just on this site apparently), when it's being made by a developer unproven to the franchise?

Also, I may be wrong, but there aint very much info about the principal design and style of the game yet, right? No gameplay trailers and that kind of stuff either.

So what do u all base your hype on?

It's a collaboration. Team Ninja is involved but it's still very much helmed by Nintendo and Sakamoto.

Also we do know about thr style and design from interviews. Sakamoto said it's like the older games but with some action sequences like what was in the trailer.

As for why people are excited, take your pick:

- First console Metroid made by Nintendo since Super Metroid in 1994
- Story is expanding on Samus and the Metroid universe, which people have wanted to see for ages
- It's not a Prime
- Team Ninja is involved
- It's primarily 3rd person, which people were expecting since before Prime
- It's a new Metroid game. This is reason enough alone.

Those are quite good reasons. I was just wondering because I read that that Malmstrom guy said Metroid M was a stupid direction for Nintendo to take and  that it's gonna fail.

I absolutely loved her new voice!

It fitted her perfectly.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Slimebeast said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Slimebeast said:

Can someone explain to me why people are so excited about Metrid Other M (not just on this site apparently), when it's being made by a developer unproven to the franchise?

Also, I may be wrong, but there aint very much info about the principal design and style of the game yet, right? No gameplay trailers and that kind of stuff either.

It's a collaboration. Team Ninja is involved but it's still very much helmed by Nintendo and Sakamoto.

Also we do know about thr style and design from interviews. Sakamoto said it's like the older games but with some action sequences like what was in the trailer.

- Story is expanding on Samus and the Metroid universe, which people have wanted to see for ages
- It's not a Prime
- Team Ninja is involved

Those are quite good reasons. I was just wondering because I read that that Malmstrom guy said Metroid M was a stupid direction for Nintendo to take and  that it's gonna fail.

....and you listen to Malstrom because....?

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Slimebeast said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Slimebeast said:

- It's not a Prime
- Team Ninja is involved

I don't. But he's a respected man and lots of ppl on this forum agrees with him, so I thought his scepticism towards Metroid M maybe was reflected among other Nintendo fans.

Around the Network

what about this:

Slimebeast said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Slimebeast said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Slimebeast said:

- It's not a Prime
- Team Ninja is involved

I don't. But he's a respected man and lots of ppl on this forum agrees with him, so I thought his scepticism towards Metroid M maybe was reflected among other Nintendo fans.

Many Nintendo fans feel that he is very misguided in terms of what he thinks Nintendo should make though. He loathes story-driven stuff, and feels its the wrong direction for any company to go in if they want to sell stuff.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ClaudeLv250 said:
There were federation soldiers shooting at the purple monstrosity in the Other M trailer. They weren't actually useful in taking it down but they were still fighting alongside Samus. So I guess you can break you disc as soon as you get it.

I'm not buying it.

Yes I was surprised. Other M will be better than Prime games for sure.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .