By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar promises big things to PS3 owners in 2010

They will release The Agent in November of this year and announce a exclusive GTA game for PS3 this E3, trust me

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Carl2291 said:
c0rd said:
Carl2291 said:
Heh.

GTA5... Would cause some major meltdowns.

I could understand why they would go PS3 exclusive... But i could also understand the risk in doing so.

Reason being... paid hundreds of millions by Sony?

Risk... cutting off the majority of their fans, making future releases suffer?

Yes. And not having the limits of DVD to worry about.

Yes. And making it a possible "flop" in terms of GTA sales.

All of their releases last gen were well received, so I don't see how the "limits of DVD" is a legitimate line of reasoning here.

last gen was last gen. DVD is becoming more and more obsolete everyday. With the heavy push for games to look better and more and more content on the discs, DVD is cripling games this gen. Its the equivilant of putting PS2 level graphics on a PS1 CD. Yea, you can do it, but it hinders just how much of it you can do.

No, the biggest crippling factor in games is the cost of developing games the size of last gen has increased dramatically, not the media they're on.  Gears 2 was huge and looked amazing, surprise it fits on one DVD.  If the 360 had Bluray, developers would still be struggling to fit stuff onto a disk, when you give developers more capacity they'll get lazy and fill it, thats fact!

There was nothing huge about Gears 2 except the armor from what I hear. Most ppl were complaining of short campain (4-7hrs) or so just like they do with most shooters. Have you not realized that games are getting shorter and shorter and concentrate more and more on Multiplayer? RPGs barely clock in 60hrs(30 for WRPGs) these days, let alone the 300hrs I could put into a PS1 or 2 RPG.

We are getting less and less content for prettier, shinier graphics, fact. Don't even get me started on this DLC kick/ high way robery (cough*Capcom*cough).

Funny but Gears 2 was in excess of 10 hours for me, at least on the first run through on Hardcore.  Any game from last gen was short too if you want to speed run through on easy.  I probably put 30-40 hours into Gears 2 campaign between clearing the campaign on solo and coop, along with helping friends clear it.  The multiplayer point is quite right too but thats more to do with the evolution of online gaming this gen than it being a replacement for single player content.  On the multiplayer front I put over 100 hours into Gears 2 but I'd hate to figure out exactly how much in total. 

I hate this alarming trend now of charging for DLC that is on the disk, not particularly the stuff they cut though as its sometimes uneeded filler that did little but extend a game and add nothing to positive to the mix.  Long games can be great as long as they balance the length with pacing the story imo.

slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Carl2291 said:
c0rd said:
Carl2291 said:
Heh.

I could understand why they would go PS3 exclusive... But i could also understand the risk in doing so.

All of their releases last gen were well received, so I don't see how the "limits of DVD" is a legitimate line of reasoning here.

last gen was last gen. DVD is becoming more and more obsolete everyday. With the heavy push for games to look better and more and more content on the discs, DVD is cripling games this gen. Its the equivilant of putting PS2 level graphics on a PS1 CD. Yea, you can do it, but it hinders just how much of it you can do.

No, the biggest crippling factor in games is the cost of developing games the size of last gen has increased dramatically, not the media they're on.  Gears 2 was huge and looked amazing, surprise it fits on one DVD.  If the 360 had Bluray, developers would still be struggling to fit stuff onto a disk, when you give developers more capacity they'll get lazy and fill it, thats fact!

There was nothing huge about Gears 2 except the armor from what I hear. Most ppl were complaining of short campain (4-7hrs) or so just like they do with most shooters. Have you not realized that games are getting shorter and shorter and concentrate more and more on Multiplayer? RPGs barely clock in 60hrs(30 for WRPGs) these days, let alone the 300hrs I could put into a PS1 or 2 RPG.

We are getting less and less content for prettier, shinier graphics, fact. Don't even get me started on this DLC kick/ high way robery (cough*Capcom*cough).

Funny but Gears 2 was in excess of 10 hours for me, at least on the first run through on Hardcore.  Any game from last gen was short too if you want to speed run through on easy.  I probably put 30-40 hours into Gears 2 campaign between clearing the campaign on solo and coop, along with helping friends clear it.  The multiplayer point is quite right too but thats more to do with the evolution of online gaming this gen than it being a replacement for single player content.  On the multiplayer front I put over 100 hours into Gears 2 but I'd hate to figure out exactly how much in total. 

I hate this alarming trend now of charging for DLC that is on the disk, not particularly the stuff they cut though as its sometimes uneeded filler that did little but extend a game and add nothing to positive to the mix.  Long games can be great as long as they balance the length with pacing the story imo.

at least FF13 on ps3 is only 1 disk whilst on 360 its 3 disks or smthing...

Good Deal for a minute I thought they forgot about us, Hope they deliver on what there saying.

Ghazi4 said:
slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Carl2291 said:
c0rd said:
Carl2291 said:
Heh.

Yawn..... 

Don't bother quoting me again if all you bring to a debate is trolling please.  I really cannot be bothered adding the ignore script for you.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Ghazi4 said:
slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
slowmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
themanwithnoname said:
Carl2291 said:
c0rd said:
Carl2291 said:
Heh.

Yawn..... 

Don't bother quoting me again if all you bring to a debate is trolling please.  I really cannot be bothered adding the ignore script for you.

i got the soul of every rapper in me... love me or hate me.... owned! not really just continue ur convo with the other dood plox

@lurker why are you acting like ps3 is up there with the pc. The pc has no limits while consoles do.... Nice try.

I remember when Capcom said the exact same thing and it ended up being the multiplatform game Bionic Commando. I take that answer to mean absoluetly nothing.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Again these comments are over 6 months old.

Agent + La Noire + GTA DLC + The Outback ?

But if they annouced GTA 5 as an exclusive then just imagine the melt downs .....

But still, that is very unlikely.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E