By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Patcher: Bioshock 2 success based on reviews.

Bioshock 2 is set to release in just a couple weeks on the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, but will the game be as big a success as the original title was? Micheal Patcher has some doubts about that. While talking on the latest GameTrailer Bonus Round, Patcher states that the game will be successful based on review scores.

Patcher: "I think it’s certainly going to do well. I think it, more or less, depends upon on review scores. If the review scores are solid, if they’re 90, they don’t need to be 96, yeah it’ll sell 3-4 million units. If the review scores and it doesn’t compare to the last one and you takeout the hardcore by giving this game a 70, it’s not going to do well. The masses will buy it if they are familiar with it and their friends say it’s good. They won’t buy it if the hardcore doesn’t like it."

The original Bioshock had one of the deepest and most interesting stories in gaming. Loosely based on Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, Bioshock was very compelling. The end of the game twist was amazing and made the whole game a one of a kind experience. The biggest question will be if the story can live up to the original's level and keep the player interested again in the world of Rapture.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m1d20-Patcher-Bioshock-2-success-based-on-reviews

Around the Network

hes pretty smart, im not buying it unless it gets over 90.

Who knows this gen. AC2 review scores were better than the first game, but it hasn't sold like the first one.

Highest game reviews do not correlate to highest game sales. The Wii, XBox 360 and PS3 highest selling games rarely have the highest reviews.

I hope its good! I preordered it yesterday and cant wait to get my hands on it!

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

I've got this possible-epic game on pre-order aswell, mainly for the deal, though like SO4 coming out the same day, i won't be able to play it much thanks to WKC: IE.

However, i just mentioned to Seece ... i am worried about the main storyline, since this one has online modes, they might have gotton lazy and the story may not come close to the original.

I liked Bioshock a lot less after playing the far superior and longer Fallout3.
I'll pick up Bioshock 2 when it hits $20.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Big news; Pachter's success relies on people actually reading his nonsense.

Pachter is full of BS. It takes alot of courage to listen to this guy.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Darth Tigris said:
Who knows this gen. AC2 review scores were better than the first game, but it hasn't sold like the first one.

The first AC left a really bad taste in the mouth of those that bought it!   AC2 could have gotten peftect 10's from every single review and I wouldn't spend a dime on it!  The first Bioshock was one of the best games this generation right behind Uncharted 2 and Oblivion, so reviews really shouldn't matter that much since many owners have been waiting a long time to return to Rapture!!