By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: Motion Device will become PS3's "DE FACTO" Controller - YAY or nay?!

what are they thinking? they are getting ahead of themselves here

Around the Network

Sony basically said they'l push it hard kiddies nothing more. No need for the insecurity and FUD.

this is the right way to counter NATAL not like SIXAXIS no-one knew sixaxis if ps3 was advertised with its motion sensor capabilities it would have been better

I don´t like it, i wanna play my games the way i´m doing now with the DS3.

Grimes said:
Not when 40 million consoles were sold without the controllers.

this, but goodluck convincing people.

Makes you wonder just how clever Nintendo were to begin with, although it hasn't really helped the Axis that much.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

As long as all games have dualshock support i don't really care what they do.

The PS3 trying to move in on the Wii's business. Could be a smart move. I will still have the Dualshock as Number ONE!!

Procrastinato said:
vaio said:
Procrastinato said:
vaio said:
Procrastinato said:
I don't actually see a Sony quote stating what's in the headline. I just see another article, which claims its so, again without a link to prove it.

I smell BS.

Sony looks to vigorously promote the Motion Controller as the de facto controller of the PS3 platform along with the Dualshock series controller and will deploy various measures to enhance the software title line-up for the Motion Controller.

http://www.news10.net/life/entertainment/game-guys/story.aspx?storyid=73608&catid=99

There you go

Trying to prove Sony said something by posting yet *another* article where its the journalist, and not Sony, stating this?

Seriously guys, get real.  Sony didn't say any such thing.  They may have stated that they intend to put effort in to make it as supported as the regular controller, but they most certainly never stated that the new controller is going to just replace the old, like so many posters in this thread are assuming.  

You can't honestly believe everything some journalist puts in a headline, especially if its a cut-n-paste from another journalist's article.

They are quoting a press release if thats not enough for you then fine live like an austridge.

The " symbol denotes the beginning and end of a quote, and the part we're discussing doesn't lay between them -- its the journalist adding that in there.  It's "ostrich" by the way.

ok then do you have a link to support your theory?

thanks for correcting me.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

huaxiong90 said:

Hell no. Dualshock should be always be the de facto.

This!

Dualshock > PS mote

So the motion controller will be the "in fact" controller of the ps3 platform?
De facto doesn't make sense here.
Maybe the mean the principle, main, or major controller?

Anyways, although I may get the motion controller, de facto the dualshock will always be the sovereign controller to me.