By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

2008 was my favorite year for the 360 with Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia. Hopefully, that FeelPlus game is a reality. If they are just hiring people for it, then it may not be for a while. I'm not sure I'm getting any games for the console this year besides Bayonetta, which I bought on release.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

I agree XBOX RULES 2010, I got, mass effect 2, alan wake, halo reach, splinter cell, Fable 3, dead space 2, bioshock  2, final fantasy, dante's inferno, metro 2033 AND I'M sure this is not the end of the list this is just the start, WILL OWN NATAL ON DAY ONE.

ALL ON PRE-ORDER FOR THE XBOX 360. PLEASE SEND DONATIONS.

NATAL WILL BE THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD INTO JAPAN, WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Banned2010 said:

I agree XBOX RULES 2010, I got, mass effect 2, alan wake, halo reach, splinter cell, Fable 3, dead space 2, bioshock  2, final fantasy, dante's inferno, metro 2033 AND I'M sure this is not the end of the list this is just the start, WILL OWN NATAL ON DAY ONE.

ALL ON PRE-ORDER FOR THE XBOX 360. PLEASE SEND DONATIONS.

NATAL WILL BE THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD INTO JAPAN, WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's got to hurt the wallet :p

About Natal: Sony is getting there first probably, so that might take some Japanese thunder away. And if that girl during E3 is something to go by, I doubt it will be as succesful as you hope, because I think the average Japanese person doesn't exactly have lots of room to jump around in. On the other hand, if Natal is more of a controlled, limited (in space) experience, then it might just work.

@OP:
You almost persuaded me, with your rigorous logic and exhaustive arguments, then I saw this:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=98431&page=1

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Chairman-Mao said:
360 has a really good lineup but I don't think it matches PS3's.

From an average gamer's perspective 360 has (that is console exclusive):

- Mass Effect 2  AAA will sell 2-3 million
- Halo Reach    AAA mega game 10 million
- Splinter Cell Conviction AAA will sell 2-3 million
- Fable 3 AAA will sell 3-4 million
- Alan Wake AAA will sell 2-3 million
- Crackdown 2 AA will sell 1-1.5 million
- Kingdom Under Fire II Hasn't been confirmed yet for 2010.
- Metro 2033

That's about all the games that are mainstream. So very impressive lineup. But PS3 has:

- God of War 3 AAA will sell 3-4 million
- Heavy Rain AA will sell 1-1.5 million
- MAG AA will sell 2 mill
- White Knight Chronicles Will sell 1-1.2mill
- Gran Turismo 5 AAA mega game 10 million
- Final Fantasy vs 13 not 2010
- The Last Guardian Will sell 1-1.5mill
- ModNation Racers 
- Agent probably not 2010

And games that aren't confirmed but could be 2010 are Resistance 3, Killzone 3 and Twisted Metal PS3. Slight chance for Resistance 3 to come, but then we might as well speculate on unannounced #60 games like Gears 3

Really it comes down to taste. I really like the look of GT5 and ModNation Racers; all that interests me on 360 is Splinter Cell and Crackdown 2 to some degree.

^ lol, let me correct that for you.

And personally, since you mentioned it, all that interests me on PS3 is GT5, and possibly Heavy Rain to some degree.

Let me correct THAT for YOU. Kingdom Under Fire II has less info on it at this point that The Last Guardian, and until Sony states ottherwise, it's been pegged for 2010.

Okay, I admit that if The Last Guardian in fact makes it out in 2010, then it's indeed debatable whether the X360 lineup or PS3 lineup is stronger.

I believe that The Lost Guardian won't make it out in 2010 though, and I've seen that you believe that too actually.

KUF II actually has a lot more info than TLG out there (lots of trailers, presentations of different units etc). It's practically guaranteed for 2010.

Around the Network

Practically =/= for sure.

Lord Flashheart said:
@common man.
I know what you mean unfortunately when I'm commenting on them like today I know who I mean but others reading my comments don't. The lesser trolls as I'll call them are just funny and mildly annoying but the ones that peddle the same old shite over and over again they are the one's I mean.
When a thread becommes more PS3 centric as you put it it ruins it for other PS fans who get caught up with the fanboys. They might disagree or even agree with the topic at hand but because the thread has been ruined they are either 1, seen as part of that group or 2, feel like they are being wrongly being called fanboys and challenge that. Which they have a right to do and even though they never side with the trolls because they are sticking up for themselves others feel that they are really siding with the trolls.

I feel that there are far more actual sony trolls than wii or 360 trolls. People read post and don't see how they are disruptive and never see how trollish they are but will read something they disagree with and will clock that as being a troll post. I have yet to read a Sony or Ninty thread that's as bad as a lot of MS threads.
Mob mentality I guess.

Isnt this a form of trolling? gently poking with a stick a seeping sore in the hope that someone pokes you back?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

It will be a great year for owners of all 3 consoles!! We do have to wait until the end of the year before we know who owns the year! You never know Nintendo could screw up Zelda, Mass Effect 2 could suck, or Grand Turismo 5 may be poor. Although this is unlikely you really don't know until the games actually come out!!

wrong for 2009
still wrong for 2010

Time to Work !

360 has a good lineup to be sure. Owns? Well, that's not a given I'd say, and I'm not talking about PS3 as such but also Wii. Even while down in 2009 the Wii sold the most consoles and shifted masses of its core franchise SW.

So I think it's a little early for such assumptions - but hey, nothing wrong with enthusiasm.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...