By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Standard and Premium Memberships

What if VgChartz starts charging a monthly fee to view sales numbers?

I won't pay. 334 75.57%

I'll pay. 23 5.20%

I'll go to BugriChartz instead. 85 19.23%

Total:442
ioi said:
All totals would still be available, so the worldwide totals page would remain the same, yes.

We can now compare games sales data for 400 weeks at the Charts section. Will we need to pay for that in the future?

And what happens when you have a subscription and you're banned? Do you get your money back? (this could get ugly when people feel like sueing)

Around the Network

I won't pay.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Chrizum said:
ioi said:
All totals would still be available, so the worldwide totals page would remain the same, yes.

We can now compare games sales data for 400 weeks at the Charts section. Will we need to pay for that in the future?

And what happens when you have a subscription and you're banned? Do you get your money back? (this could get ugly when people feel like sueing)

A simple provision in the terms of service stating that breaking the rules and getting banned voids your rights to the charts would suffice.

I think for the real number crunchers on the site paying a fee for being send the weekly sales data packages in a format of your choosing for you to play around with might be worth considering. I wouldn't take that up myself, but others might.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

naznatips said:
Chrizum said:
ioi said:

A simple provision in the terms of service stating that breaking the rules and getting banned voids your rights to the charts would suffice.

only a fool gets himself banned.

:P

Around the Network

Sounds pretty good actually, but 3 questions:

1. What can you do about stopping people from just taking the top 200 for the week and posting them on the forums, or any other premium data?

2. While we be able to see more than the top 50 of each console with the standard membership?

3. Is the expensive data you claim is only really for insiders of any interest to a non-insider?

EDIT: 4. How much longer till you launch this? Because I can only see the top 50 from the american data...

Aj_habfan said:

Sounds pretty good actually, but 3 questions:

1. What can you do about stopping people from just taking the top 200 for the week and posting them on the forums, or any other premium data?

2. While we be able to see more than the top 50 of each console with the standard membership?

3. Is the expensive data you claim is only really for insiders of any interest to a non-insider?

EDIT: 4. How much longer till you launch this? Because I can only see the top 50 from the american data...

@4: you are right. Same here. But then I can still see the Top 50 for one console...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I actually hope that 3.0 comes like next week..

Faxanadu said:
bugrimmar said:

it's cool bossman. by the looks of the poll, about 5% would pay willingly so far.

i do think that a subscription model would be a good idea. i mean, if you get busted up financially by keeping this site open at a loss, no one can see any numbers. and i think we should all appreciate that you, the owner of the site, are taking the time to keep us in the loop on things before they happen.

More importantly, if the money will help further improving data accuracy, everyone wins.

Better question - how many of them have read this thread far enough to notice it will be $100 per year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

My only demand is my name gets pink after i became a subscriber.

Pure pink.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!