By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much will Zelda Wii sell?

Zelda Wii will be seen as the new Ocarina of Time.

Therefore, it will pass Ocarina's numbers, considering the userbase of the Wii.

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:

I don't see how you can create Zelda to make it fun to play it in small portions, you have to sit down and play for an hour at least to get the feeling and the fun. That is why Zelda isn't a bridge game.

The Legend of Zelda for NES is fun in small bursts. Getting back to the Zelda basics is their best chance at mass market appeal. But I get what your saying, I've had Bioshock unfinished for almost a year because I can't find 4 hours of free time to get into it.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

I'd say about 7.5 million lifetime. Could potentially reach the 10 million mark though.

Ask me after the first trailer and gameplay details.

Khuutra said:
Ask me after the first trailer and gameplay details.

Ok, see you in July.

rofl.

Around the Network

133 mill

6m-7m is a safe bet but if Nintendo can make this game more accessible to female gamers it's sales could be doubled to 12-14m. I certainly expect Nintendo to try to do just that. Question is, will they succeed?

6.5-7.5 million.

Eventhough the Wii has a much bigger install base than it did when Twilight Princess came out, you can basically expect the game to sell around the same numbers as Twilight Princess/Ocarina. Basically based around how much hype Nintendo builds up and how good the game actually is. Unlike a Mario, Metroid or something like Smash Bros, Zelda is their one title that people actually focus on the content of the game over most everything else. And its sales usually reflect that. The only reason Wind Waker didn't sell as high as the rest is because the GC had a lower install base then the Wii and N64.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

It needs to drop the slow opening that TP had. It took several hours to get into the action after a SLOW intro, as opposed to OOT where you wake up and go find that sword.

If the WM+ works properly, I see 7.25m. It won't beat OOT, but it will get damn close.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."