By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you become a nintendo fan?

patjuan32 said:
For me it was a combination of things. I owned a Gamecube and later purchased the gameboy player and fell in love with Metroid Prime which turned into a love for the Metroid series. I also developed a love for Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, and Smash Bros. before I knew what happened, I was a Nintendo fan. This led me to purchase a Wii and a NDS.

You took me back to the original gameboy that I coveted with the green screen...super mario land was the BOMB!

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

1988....bcs of this:

Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt !!!

i grew up playing nintendo .. super mario bros 3 is the reason i called nintendo kings for all these years lol

gamefreak4ever said:
ameratsu said:
Super Mario All Stars

I remember that game on SNES it had all the Marios 1,2,3

and the lost levels which is suppose to be Mario 2 but we got a shitty version instead... the lost levels is suppose to be the hardest mario game ever lol

Well, I'd been playing on the Atari since 1983, but when I wanted more games, I couldn't find them. So I kept playing the old games. But in 1986, I was exposed to the NES. And I fell in love. X-mas of 1987 saw me getting an NES, and I was hooked. I had a source of new games. It took a few more years to have my fickleness taken away, though. There was this offer with Nintendo Power to get a copy of Dragon Warrior free with a subscription. And a couple of years after that, Nintendo offered direct sale of a few games to subscribers, including this one title called Final Fantasy. These 2 had me locked in. (I later discovered about Square and Enix, and would be hooked to their games... for a while, at least...)

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network
Siko1989 said:
gamefreak4ever said:
ameratsu said:
Super Mario All Stars

I remember that game on SNES it had all the Marios 1,2,3

and the lost levels which is suppose to be Mario 2 but we got a shitty version instead... the lost levels is suppose to be the hardest mario game ever lol

super mario bros 2 (us vers) is not a shitty version

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I played the NES back in the 90s, but as our family got the chance to buy a console for the home, we bought the PlayStation cause of the democracy at home (I hate it sooooo much i called it The Piratation XD).

Later i began to work and began to save for the GCN, i got it for my birthday in March/2002, i since then loved the Nintendo´s way of making games.

My grandpa had an NES, and Super Mario was one of the highlights of visiting. Then there was the Nintendo 64 at age 4, playing every few days on Mario 64 and Bomberman.

Dedicated playing fanism began with the GCN/Double Dash/Zelda Collector's Edition

My father placed a controller in my hands when I was six weeks old. It was just for a picture, true, but he would play games with me sitting on his lap from time to time. Super Mario Bros. is one of my earliest memories.

There was never any other way to go.

killeryoshis said:

Ok we all know they make good games. That's why we became fans of them. But how did it happen. Also why did you stick with them
all these years.  I guess I  can start. I was at a friend's house and decided to play his Gamecube. I liked it alot. So I decided to get one.
Back in 2003.  In 2007 I got a Wii. I only got it for only Brawl. I got a DS to play Pokemon Diamond. Those are the reasons why I got into
and got the systems of nintendo.
Your turn

I am a videogame fan.  Super Mario Bros (arcade Vs system they had) was one of the first titles to put things on the map for me with them, eventhough Donkey Kong was the first game of theirs I became ware of.  Mario Bros in the arcade battled Joust.  Even if Nintendo isn't my favorite of all companies, I still have to respect them and what they do.  The Wii was a great change of pace over what was out there and the norm.  I have gone from like to dislike, to respect, and so on.