By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of war 3 is not the end of GOW! Video interview.

Auron said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
This is not great news.... this would be the ultimate ending, most series' that try to branch off and expand on a different character or whatever are usually not as good as the original material. I'm a Hardcore God of War fan, and this is definitely the last thing I wanted to happen.

Nobody is forcing you to play the extra game(s).  After you play GOW3 don't get any more games in the series and your problem is fixed....

That's obviously what I'm probably going to do. I never said I would play the games, and I never said I had a problem with the news, only that it was the last thing I wanted to happen, it was expected also. If the next Trilogy or whatever is somehow as good or better than this, I would gladly play it. But I know for sure that is going to be a huge challenge for Santa Monica Studio, since they already have such a great Trilogy coming to an end.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

Predictable.
After Zeus, he'll certainly want to have a word with Buddah, Allah, Jehovah (*), Xenu, Raël, etc... Enough for some more trilogies!!!

(*) And his witlesses too, I don't even dare imagining what he'd do them if they ring at his place early Sunday morning...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It's the Nero (DMC) incident all over again... YAY!!!

4 ≈ One

GOW will still live one, through another protaginist ( say kratos decendents)

accordin to this video

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Predictable.
After Zeus, he'll certainly want to have a word with Buddah, Allah, Jehovah (*), Xenu, Raël, etc... Enough for some more trilogies!!!

(*) And his witlesses too, I don't even dare imagining what he'd do them if they ring at his place early Sunday morning...

Hey it (didn't) work for Hercules the Legendary Journies.

After they got done with all their greek stories, Hercules started working for the Christian god vs Satan.

Seriously though, expect It to just be a new god of war with the Vikings.

Though Tyr was much less evil so.

It's like I said a long time ago back when most people thought GOW3 would be the end.

Expect Kratos or someone else to be taking on the Norse or Egyptian gods.

Around the Network

I think its safe to say all profitable franchises will last as long as there is money to be made.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I cant say im pleased with this, but im not surprised either.

i cant imagine a God of War game without Kratos. They could keep Kratos and have him go after other pantheons like Jupiter and friends, Roman mythology's equivalent of Zeus if i'm not mistaken. or maybe Baal etc etc

Or they can fast forward Kratos and have him take on the Viking's Gods the Asgardians

Or even fast forward to modern day and have him wreck havoc in modern times

kinda lame but hey, it could work.

Of course it isn't the end. It's a cash cow. I mean think of all the money Nintendo could have made if it hadn't ended the series gracefully with Super Mario Bros. 3