By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: developers split on the future of Natal

I'm a big fan of Xbox 360, but can't imagine Natal working properly without a controller of some kind.
The way it is right now, gameplay is going to be a mess, even for simple games, imo.

Even Sony's Arc has more chances of success, even though I also believe it'll fail.

Around the Network

"I love the look of Natal as an interface, but for games the total lack of physical feedback is a big no-no for me"

Thats what I am saying all the time. Ok you can grab some stuff. And use it but what should you grab ? I saw this Natal thing before MS had it. It was from an israeli company. I think its the company where Natal came from. I just cant imagine that it will be a huge benefit. maybe it will but I just dont know how it could be better then Wii mote or controller. I think games are not ready yet to scan your whole body and just virtualize it so you can do in the virtual world everything you could do in the real world. I think this would be a huge beneftit if you can actually do everything grab every rock from the ground and throw it or destroy a random tree with an axe or filling water from a small river in a bottle to take it with you. I can see this as a huge step forward that it translates everything you do in the videogame but Natal cant do that and everything else is just not enough to be better then the rest.

kowenicki said:
I have always been a motion control sceptic and I remain to be convinced.

I agree with this.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I love the idea of Natal, but like most are saying the games need to deliver. Also, it doesnt need to be applied in every genre tbh. What do shooters gain with it?

IMO i just see it as an eyetoy, it has most of the same functions as it so i've heard

no idea how to make this properly work

Around the Network

Not exited for both sony wand and this I want my traditional controller and just the continues flow of gr8 games thank you.