By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arcade gaming future, reality or wishful thinking? not casual games

I'm not referring to the buttons. I'm referring to a pick up and play design. Although simplifying the buttons would facilitate that style just because you don't have as much to memorize, not because of the Wiimote. Such a style would work better with fewer gamepad buttons as well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
I'm not referring to the buttons. I'm referring to a pick up and play design. Although simplifying the buttons would facilitate that style just because you don't have as much to memorize, not because of the Wiimote. Such a style would work better with fewer gamepad buttons as well.

Im refering to games on the Wii in general. A casual wii gamer cant play Wii FPS  YOU JUST CANT. And RTS and FPS arent easy to pick up gameplay either. So whats Malstrom saying about consoles and games today except FPS have no arcade gameplay quality to it? Its like The Warriors on PS2 even its a sandbox/beat em up game through its core wasnt the arcade type gameplay that he talks about even it have multiplayer. Simply because it have OMIGOSH CUTSCENES! STORY! Its from a movie after all. DIALOGS! OH NOES TUTORIAL! In fact, the whole first stage are full of tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVNQW36a-2Q

above, a vid that makes Malstrom shivers. This game according to him should be forgotten or dumped in a landfill  in Mexico like ET

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

"A casual wii gamer cant play Wii FPS YOU JUST CANT. "

Not as they are, duh. I meant making a form they would play. Duh.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

HEH. Whatever. But as of now, you all might have to wait for pick up and play FPS on the Wii FOREVER because it will never happen. You all could pick up a watered down port like MW reflex. TOO BAD you all brainwashed by Malstrom and thinking this will happen its been over three years already.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I'm not saying one is coming. ALL I wrote was that an FPS for that audience is possible by making it pick-up-and-play. What the hell did you think I was writing?

Around the Network

Because it wont coming. Hence, the thread title:

"Arcade gaming future, reality or wishful thinking? not casual games"

If Malstrom was frustrated about this "his utopia" will come on the Wii what more in HD console or PC games? At least we can wait for it while playing farmville and plant and zombies.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

You made a thread just to declare arcade games are not coming? Um, first of all, T vs Capcom is almost here. Second, Nintendo's been strongly hinting this is their focus now, since NSMBWii has been tearing up the charts.

And making a thread just to bash Malstrom only gives him ammo. It does not discredit him.