By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Red Steel 2 predictions

Is Ubisoft wrong about their own game? Are they dropping sales projections because of conventional wisdom or because they think they've got a dud on their hands?

Here are my predictions:

America first week: 150K

America Lifetime: 800K

Worldwide Lifetime: 1.4 million

The big unknown is how much Ubisoft will market it. I think it's unlikely the game is a dud, it was delayed presumably to make sure it was polished on release (there was little competition for it on Wii in the holidays, I doubt they feared NSMB).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

I don't know how good the game is going to be...

If it's well reviewed, I reckon it will sell at least 750k, and probably more than a million. It is much more mainstream than for example Madworld which sold 400k already.

I think Ubisoft is being overly cautious with their prediction. I just hope that they don't make it a self-fulfilling prophecy by not convincing retailers to take in copies of the game, or severely reducing advertising or something like that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

If they advertise it, it'll probably manage to do a million.

But I don't think they're willing to advertise it like they did with the first, so.... 500k would be about right.

I think it is going to surprise them and make a million worldwide easily.

I was actually excited about this game!  I was planning on buying the bundle with the Wii Motion +

I just hope it turns out to be a good game.  Sometimes these companies purposely make a low figure to their shareholders, so that they can have a higher than expected forcast.  I just hope they market it.  It looked like one of the better Wii games in the preview.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

Depends on how it's handled. If promoted well, it'll outsell RS1 easily.

I'm in agreement with Ubisoft - 500k

I don't think it has a hope in hell of selling near the Call of Duty's, which settle around 1.5m.

So for that reason I'm going to say 80k first week and 670k by the end of the year. If it gets a price drop I'd put it at a bit more though.

It's clear to me that Ubi won't advertise the game. They don't look even too confident on the quality of the game.

I think 400k Americas, 450k Others.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Well from the looks of it, it is going to suffer some sales due to the length of time from the first one, quality issue from the first one, and really no advertising and sustained hyping since the entertainment shows of 09. Haven't kept the game int he public eye and that is a bad thing.

I'm thinking, if they start doing some aggressive advertising soon, it can save it from complete oblivion, but right now sales aren't looking like they are going to be hot. Will probably have a decent opener due to the nature of the game, but legs will be completely dependent on advertising. I'm not going to make any predictions now but it is hard to see the game getting a million right now.