By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

pezus said:
hiska-kun said:

So, at the end we have DQM3D with 650pt.

Am I the only one who thought this was fancy spelling for "DOMED"?

OMG! I'm going to use that now!

Around the Network

@Older Chart with DQM3D.

Wow! It really blasted up there at the last second! :O 3DS will for sure jump up to at least 110K for that Week. DQ should sell at least 500K on it's opening, too. Holiday 3DS Domination = Confirmed.

Boutros said:

Persona 4 moving again, but I'm starting to doubt a 300 point finish. 200 appears to be a struggle.

Tridrakious said:
Boutros said:

Persona 4 moving again, but I'm starting to doubt a 300 point finish. 200 appears to be a struggle.

You were expecting 300 points for a Vita game? Come on now the PS2 game only opened @ 200k. 

OMG page 666.

OT: Nice to see Persona 4 moving again. Is there a special bundle for this game?

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Tridrakious said:
Boutros said:

You were expecting 300 points for a Vita game? Come on now the PS2 game only opened @ 200k. 

There was no reason to doubt this title in the early going. Right now it is still outperforming every other Vita title that has ever graced this chart.

Atlus also wasn't as popular back during the PS2 era as they are now and handheld gaming in Japan has never been stronger either.

Tridrakious said:

There was no reason to doubt this title in the early going. Right now it is still outperforming every other Vita title that has ever graced this chart.

Atlus also wasn't as popular back during the PS2 era as they are now and handheld gaming in Japan has never been stronger either.

The Vita is also doing poorly. Even with HH's being quite popular in Japan.

Tridrakious said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Tridrakious said:
Boutros said:

All good points, and Persona has never been more popular, but I feel the install base is too much of a limiting factor right now. I do expect it to do well within those restrictions though, and we should see a little boost when the white hardware is released (which is at the end of the month, not the start - pretty stupid timing if you ask me.) 

Sal.Paradise said:
Tridrakious said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Tridrakious said:
Boutros said:

All good points, and Persona has never been more popular, but I feel the install base is too much of a limiting factor right now. I do expect it to do well within those restrictions though, and we should see a little boost when the white hardware is released (which is at the end of the month, not the start - pretty stupid timing if you ask me.) 

I believe there will be a sizeable increase in Vita sales surrounding the release of Persona 4. However, I do agree that the Vita is struggling in a country where the PSP has been dominating for the past 2+ years.

It's hard to look at the Vita and not be disappointed in the failures Sony has made with this incredible system.

Tridrakious said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Tridrakious said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Tridrakious said:
Boutros said:

I believe there will be a sizeable increase in Vita sales surrounding the release of Persona 4. However, I do agree that the Vita is struggling in a country where the PSP has been dominating for the past 2+ years.

It's hard to look at the Vita and not be disappointed in the failures Sony has made with this incredible system.

Not sure where that comes from. In its best year (2010), it barely wins (or loses depending on tracker you use) over the DS but never dominated.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.