By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

hiska-kun said:
Boutros said:

I expect less than 500k FW and 600k-800k LT.

It's a really hard game to predict because of how unstable the 3DS is.

All I know for sure is that it will NOT (!!) do 2 million LT or 2000 points!!

I can agree with you about the first week... but are you serious expecting just 600-800k LT?? The game is launched in CHRISTMAS, the best season of the year in sales, also MH has LEGS. No way is going to sell less than 1 million.

By other hand, like morenoingrato said, what happens if the game don't reach 2000 pt, but it do more than 500k first week? As ExtremeBrawler said, the points system doesn't work like other platforms because the low userbase does not preorder as much as the others.

The PSVita is coming out the week after MH3G. There goes it's legs. Unless the PSVita is a big failure.

Around the Network

...And what does Vita have to do with MH3G?
Vita doesn't even have a MH releasing at launch...so, there's nothing stopping MH3G to sell well during the Holidays.
Boutros, sometimes I think you're too a Sony fanboy to reply properly :P

I never said it will reach 2000pts, I just think it will perform really well, about 1.2M LT, and @ Vita, I think Vita will most likely become the victim rather than MH3G, and well, you were also sure MH4 was gonna be a Sony exclusive, so...

ExtremeBrawler said:
Vita doesn't even have a MH releasing at launch...so, there's nothing stopping MH3G to sell well during the Holidays.

The PSVita is in direct competition with the 3DS so the launch will hurt the 3DS's sales. I thought this was obvious?

I don't know if you are aware that you're expecting a bigger LT number for MH3G then there are 3DS's out there?

And I dislike handhelds. Nintendo or Sony I don't care. Everybody knows that.

That being said I don't take it into account when I make my predictions.

And I could very well report you for calling me a fanboy.

I expect an apology.

morenoingrato said:
I never said it will reach 2000pts, I just think it will perform really well, about 1.2M LT, and @ Vita, I think Vita will most likely become the victim rather than MH3G, and well, you were also sure MH4 was gonna be a Sony exclusive, so...

Who wasn't?

Around the Network

And where did I say that?

From what I remember I was sure it were to be on the PSP or the PSVita (which might still happen for all we know) but I never said anything about exclusive. I might be wrong and I'm sure you'll have a blast shoving it into my face lol.

Boutros said:
ExtremeBrawler said:

The PSVita is in direct competition with the 3DS so the launch will hurt the 3DS's sales. I thought this was obvious?

I don't know if you are aware that you're expecting a bigger LT number for MH3G then there are 3DS's out there?

And I dislike handhelds. Nintendo or Sony I don't care. Everybody knows that.

That being said I don't take it into account when I make my predictions.

And I could very well report you for calling me a fanboy.

I expect an apology.

I was joking... however, excuse me for what I said earlier.

And however, my prediction for the LTD is based on the fact that the game will have legs.

And however, at the end of October, 3DS will already be at 2,2 millions... and even more.

Boutros said:

From what I remember I was sure it were to be on the PSP or the PSVita (which might still happen for all we know) but I never said anything about exclusive. I might be wrong and I'm sure you'll have a blast shoving it into my face lol.

I'm not digging your posts, you post... like... a lot.

And I remember, both you and M.U.G.E.N were the most... constant about it

Also, @ other post, anyone who wasn't hurt by MH3 for Wii could see that there was a chance MH4 might land on 3DS.

morenoingrato said:
Boutros said:

I'm not digging your posts, you post... like... a lot.

And I remember, both you and M.U.G.E.N were the most... constant about it

Also, @ other post, anyone who wasn't hurt by MH3 for Wii could see that there was a chance MH4 might land on 3DS.

As I have said I was sure it would release on the PSP or the Vita but I wasn't sure it were to be exclusive. Especially since MHTri came out on the Wii. I looked in all the threads pertaining to Monster Hunter 4 but I didn't see any posts made by me.

Anyway MH4 coming to the 3DS wasn't a megaton for no reason. It is because it wasn't expected.

[PSP] Final Fantasy Zero Expressions - 327pt (7)
[PSP] ... When you have love in Guam Idol AKB1/48 auction, please be left in their Limited Edition! BOX - 258pt (1)
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 - 208pt (16)
[PSP] Hatsune Miku-Project DIVA-extend - 156pt (7)
[3DS] Monster 3G (Limited Edition) - 148pt (6)
[PS3] Armored Core 5 - 119pt (1)
[PSP] ... When you have love in Guam AKB1/48 Idol Limited Edition - 116pt (4)
[PS3] OG Super Robot Wars 2 - 106pt 
[PS3] ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON - 101pt (4)
[PS3] ヴェルサス Final Fantasy XIII - 82pt 
[PSP] ... When you have love in Guam AKB1/48 Idol (Limited Edition) - 67pt (7)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 64pt (5)
[3DS] Monster 3G (Slide Pad Bundle) - 57pt (21)
[PSP] NARUTO-Naruto - Shippuuden Narutimate Impact - 53pt (1)
[PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE GEARS OF DESTINY-GOD BOX Limited Edition - 51pt 
[PS3] hen I started de Fuca and Desuko 4 Disgaea Disgaea. Append Limited Edition - 47pt 
[PS3] Goodbye Special Edition ~ Macross F Movie Tsubasa ~ Hybrid Pack - 45pt (-1)
[NDS] One Piece Gigant Battle the New World 2 (Limited Edition) - 39pt (2)
[PSP] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Limited Edition) - 39pt 
[PSP] special government agency Seventh Dragon 2020 "cloud masses" set decoration only - 34pt