By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Daily Increase for 22nd Jan 2010 {updated on 23rd Jan}

Comgnet 1/22

'

DQ6- 816 (+5)
'
EOE- 206 (+4)
'
AT3- 141 (+2)
'
God Eater - 341 (+15)

'

The daily increase for Dragon Quest 6 is relatively underwhelming, I mean we were seeing it do +20, +15, +30 even all the time & now its down to +5. But the pre-orders are so high it hardly matters, the game will be a huge hit regardless.

'

End Of Eternity (Resonance Of Fate) continues to do well, it only has 5 more days to gather as many pre-orders as possible before it launches. It should be over 100K (just).

'

Ar Tonelice 3 once again is performing like we have expected it to, not amazing but enough for what it is.

'

They have begun to do daily updates for God Eater (PSP) today. For those of you who don't know God Eater is a monster hunter type game with a style similar to that of the persona games, an intriguing combination that has obviously caught the imagination of the market as its pre-orders are fantastic for a new IP. It releases on 4th of February so it still has lots of time to gather more pre-orders, I think we can safely say it will have a week 1 of over 200K.

A Few Misc. Updates:

End Of Eternity (Xbox 360) is at 36 pts

Star Ocean IV for PS3 is at 52 pts

The Last Rebellion (PS3) that is also launching on the 28th Of January is not in the top 20.

'
  1. [NDS] Dragon Quest 6 Realms of Reverie - 816pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  2. [PSP] God Eater - 341pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
  3. [PS3] End of Eternity - 206pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  4. [PS3] Ar Tonelico 3 - 141pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  5. [PS3] Yakuza 4 - 121Pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  6. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 - 77Pt~~~ (TBA)
  7. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 71pt~~~ (TBA)
  8. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 59pt~~~ (3/18/2010)
  9. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition - 57pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  10. [PS3] Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International Edition - 52Pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
So the big news in terms of entry into the top 10 is that:
'
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope (PS3) enters the top 10!
'
This is good and bad news. The good news is that Star Ocean 4 has finally entered the top 10 which is a good accomplishment, the bad news is that its pre-orders look pretty bad for a game launching in around 2 weeks. Not to mention its a "star ocean" game, however we may see a big pick up in pre-orders as next week begins and marketing kicks in.
'
Thats all for today

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Lol sorry double post!

The data for 22nd Jan 2010 is in the post above this one

Thanks for the daily update darth xD
God Eater looks really promising... Hope its not a total ripoff of Monster Hunter...
Sales for End Of Eternity and Ar Tonelico might be lower than expected i hope
sales for the rest of the world may be able to cover for the losses in Japan.
Star Ocean is -.- but i'm hoping it will increase soon xD

Since i'm fanboying Final Fantasy Versus XIII now i'm really IMPRESSED with its current preorders!!
It may end up BEATING FFXIII first week sales!!!
Final Fantasy Versus XIII IS THE DEFINITIVE RPG OF THIS GEN!!!!!!!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I guess that ATIII spike was just a coincedence. Oh well.
EoE is doing great.

Star Ocean finaly made it to top 10, but with release so close, I doubt its gonna sell like the 360 version.

And rofl @ Last Rebellion.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

gustave154 said:
Thanks for the daily update darth xD
God Eater looks really promising... Hope its not a total ripoff of Monster Hunter...
Sales for End Of Eternity and Ar Tonelico might be lower than expected i hope
sales for the rest of the world may be able to cover for the losses in Japan.
Star Ocean is -.- but i'm hoping it will increase soon xD

Since i'm fanboying Final Fantasy Versus XIII now i'm really IMPRESSED with its current preorders!!
It may end up BEATING FFXIII first week sales!!!
Final Fantasy Versus XIII IS THE DEFINITIVE RPG OF THIS GEN!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but thats really impossible.

FF13 is a main FF game & Versus XIII just isn't seen as the "main game", it will sell loads & will be PS3's second best seeling game (till FF15 anyway lol)

God Eater looks very very promising right now!!

Son1x said:
I guess that ATIII spike was just a coincedence. Oh well.
EoE is doing great.

Star Ocean finaly made it to top 10, but with release so close, I doubt its gonna sell like the 360 version.

And rofl @ Last Rebellion.

SO4 is a bit disappointing, I mean TOV didn't have this problem & it was also a port. Maybe its because SO4 had a bad word of mouth while TOV had a very positive word of mouth, I can't really think of other reasons right now.

Around the Network

Well say ToV is said to be a great game, SO4 is more of a mixed bag.
ToV also has A LOT MORE additional content.

I mean, what does SO4 actualy have in Japan? They don't care about the voices, so its pretty much only no disk swapping.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Son1x said:
Well say ToV is said to be a great game, SO4 is more of a mixed bag.
ToV also has A LOT MORE additional content.

I mean, what does SO4 actualy have in Japan? They don't care about the voices, so its pretty much only no disk swapping.

from what I heard they got some extra playable characters, around 4 I think & some new dungeons (maybe)

I think its the negative word of mouth thats really hurting SO4 more than say TOV.

TOV was always said to be a "must have" if you like JRPG's.

Pretty much, despite good reviews, I can't find to many positive comments about it in japanese gaming forums.

It probably would have sold great though if it had been released first on the PS3.

I think that just like Xenosaga II back then, The Last Hope has killed a lot of potential sales for the upcomming title's in the series.

Soriku said:
ToV was a good game, SO4 wasn't. Simple. If SO4 was good it would have higher preorders and sell better.

Btw, Son1x's sig makes me cringe...

kay kay kay kay kay kay kay

{explodes}

she is the one that says kay all the time, right.

My sig is not from SO4, if thats what you're thinking. Its from Ar tonelico III itself -.-

And no, SO4 doesn't have additional playable characters