By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Judging from other JRPG's, I'd say around 200-250 is for 100k.
I'd say EoE will probably get over 100k, if not on PS3, then combined on both platforms. AT III, maybe around 75k?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

@Son1x: 200-250 points fits nicely with the recent releases of Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces. EoE seems likely to at least get close to 250 points, which definitely makes a 100k opening week possible. As for ET3, its preorders are only slowly going up so 75k might be a bit optimistic just based on these preorder numbers.

Yea, I just noticed it only got 4 in last 2 days. I take the 75k back and say something like 60-65k.
I'd compare AT III with Atelier Rorona, but I can't find the numbers for it. Thats would probably be a better comparison than with Tales since both are Gust's franchises.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Go Go Goddoita! AT III and EoE.

Daily Increase for 20th Jan 2010 {updated on 21st Jan}

Comgnet 1/20

'

DQ6- 780 (+41)
'
EOE- 197 (+12)
'
AT3- 132 (+4)

The daily increase for Dragon Quest 6 is massive for the 20th of Jan, adding 40 in 1 day alone is really a testament to the power of Dragon Quest & ofcourse the quality of the original Dragon Quest VI released way over a decade ago.

'

End Of Eternity (Resonance Of Fate) shows a very impressive increase, if this kind of an increase continues the title could very well break 100K in Japan in its 1st week. A great feat for a new IP with a theme & surrounding thats not overly popular in Japan (GUNS!!).

'

Ar Tonelice 3 has shows a good increase for itself and for how the franchise has always done, but we are around a week away from its release, its pretty hard to imagine this title breaking 100K in week 1.

'
  1. [NDS] Dragon Quest 6 Realms of Reverie - 780pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  2. [PSP] God Eater - 312pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
  3. [PS3] End of Eternity - 197pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  4. [PS3] Ar Tonelico 3 - 132pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  5. [PS3] Ryu ga Gotoku 4 - 115Pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  6. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2 Royal Academy Gaul - 110pt~~~ (1/21/2010)
  7. [PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE BATTLE OF ACES-lyrical BOX - 88pt
  8. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 - 76Pt~~~ (TBA)
  9. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 71pt~~~ (TBA)
  10. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition - 54pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
So that was actually the last day for tracking in terms of Valkyria Chronicles 2 as it released today.
'
Valkyria Chronicles 2 ends with 110 pt
'
To put it quite bluntly this means it will probably not do over 100K week 1, obviously these pre-order figures aren't the "be all, end all", but its really not done extremely well in terms of pre-orders, however many people may be planning to buy it via PSN.
'
Thats all for today

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Hmm... So about 50-60k First week for VC 2?

NoCtiS_NoX said:

thats hard to say as they are so quite low to begin with

I guess we should expect 40K - 70K week 1 from it.

See they didn't even bother to do a "daily tracking update" like they are for AT3, DQ6 & EOE because pre-orders weren't much.

I hope it does well though, PSN itself could bring possibly 10K - 20K.

darthdevidem01 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

See they didn't even bother to do a "daily tracking update" like they are for AT3, DQ6 & EOE because pre-orders weren't much.

I hope it does have legs though but it's Japan so it's unlikely.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
darthdevidem01 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I hope it does have legs though but it's Japan so it's unlikely.

Yeah the second hand market has DESTROYED legs for single player games in Japan. Games witha  casual & multiplayer aspect STILL have legs there, but absolutely strictly single player games just get bought second handed!

its kind sad.

Well Valkyria Chronicles 2 has multiplayer