By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which do you think will be the better PS3 RPG?

Which do you think will be the better PS3 RPG?

Final Fantasy XIII 166 53.55%

White Knight Chronicles 144 46.45%

Total:310

I voted WKC. There is something very special about that game and watching the trailer for some reason reminded me of .Hack back on the ps2. Its sorta like the evolution of .Hack (a MMO that single player = offline WKC) that adds the much needed online component.

Take nothing away from FF13. It is definitely a Firstday buy for me (already preorderd both of these) Im just more excited for some WKC.

Around the Network

Jnuel, Level-5 has slowly been building itself up as a dependable, reliable company.

Tridrakious said:
Jnuel, Level-5 has slowly been building itself up as a dependable, reliable company.

Yes that's what I have heard, I bet there are load of RPGs I missed back in the day just because I played on FF / SO / DQ only, can you recommend some to me?? (made by Level 5)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

I know I'll love WKC but I still believe FFXIII will be better.

And people should stop the hate on FFXIII simply because it went multiplatform.

@Boutros

To be clear on my stance, with my hate. It doesn't stem from it being on the 360 as well as PS3. My hate stems from what they did to my PS3 version, to make it equal the 360 version.

@Jnuel,
Dark Cloud 1 &2 (ps2), Rogue Galaxy (ps2), Dragon Quest VIII (ps2), Jeanne D'Arc (psp) and the Professor Layton (ds) games.

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Erm i think you may have got us wrong here, we don't hate it for going multiplatform, we dislike it because it is not the game it should be, SE could have done much better really, even Lost Odysee shows us that a decent RPG can be done on the X360 so, what that proves is that SE has really lowered their standards, if you have played on an old FF (FFI-FFXII) then you would see just how much the formula has changed over the years.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Tridrakious said:
@Boutros

To be clear on my stance, with my hate. It doesn't stem from it being on the 360 as well as PS3. My hate stems from what they did to my PS3 version, to make it equal the 360 version.

@Jnuel,
Dark Cloud 1 &2 (ps2), Rogue Galaxy (ps2), Dragon Quest VIII (ps2), Jeanne D'Arc (psp) and the Professor Layton (ds) games.

I understand but it doesn't make it a bad game anyway. I think you should be more open-minded on the matter.

WKC is not automatically better because of that reason. I believe WKC is the new Dark Cloud. The first one is good but the sequel improves in every way.

Didn't WKC have a terrible Famitsu review? I know Famitsu has gone downhill as of late, but they usually score jrpg favorably! It does look great though so I will probably see what kind of reviews its gets from ign and gametrailers. For now Final Fantasy gets my vote but I could see it going the other way!

jneul said:
Boutros said:

Erm i think you may have got us wrong here, we don't hate it for going multiplatform, we dislike it because it is not the game it should be, SE could have done much better really, even Lost Odysee shows us that a decent RPG can be done on the X360 so, what that proves is that SE has really lowered their standards, if you have played on an old FF (FFI-FFXII) then you would see just how much the formula has changed over the years.

It doesn't matter what it could have been. The game can still be great even though it's downgraded or something like that.

And we actually don't even have proofs of it being downgraded because of the 360 version.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Didn't WKC have a terrible Famitsu review? I know Famitsu has gone downhill as of late, but they usually score jrpg favorably! It does look great though so I will probably see what kind of reviews its gets from ign and gametrailers. For now Final Fantasy gets my vote but I could see it going the other way!

Famitsu reviews are really random.

Eurogamer gave it 8/10 (which is really good for Eurogamer) and POM UK also gave it 8/10.