By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which do you think will be the better PS3 RPG?

Which do you think will be the better PS3 RPG?

Final Fantasy XIII 166 53.55%

White Knight Chronicles 144 46.45%

Total:310
iLLmaticV3 said:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Sorry i did not put that option in, this is because it has no release date yet, but I am sure when it is finally released it will be FF Vs XIII >> WKC >> FF XIII

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

jneul, there's a difference though, between a cliffhanger and an end that leaves a place for a sequel.
Games that leave a place for a sequel, like FFX and FFVII bring the story that is presented within the game to a closure.
Cliffhangers are endings that are sudden, and don't end the story, there will still be many more unanswered questions and stuff like that.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Yeah i loved FFF X-2 which a lot of people don't like, i also love XII.

jneul said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Sorry i did not put that option in, this is because it has no release date yet, but I am sure when it is finally released it will be FF Vs XIII >> WKC >> FF XIII

I completely agree with the bolded, Versus > WKC > FFXIII is exactly my thoughts on those 3 games aswell.

@Rage- it won't bother me at all when FFXIII outsells WKC, which it will, what will piss me off though is if WKC doesn't do decent atleast in its first week. i'll be lookin' round the chartz to see how much wkc has sold.

And yes, RoF looks really good, i personally put it above FFXIII with ease, and only slightly below WKC.

^ FFX-2 was great. My 2nd favorite FF after FFX =D

Around the Network
Devilater said:

This

I loved FFX-2 and absolutely loved FFXII, it's actually my second most loved FF, just a tiny speck away from FFVI.

The problem is that those two FF's where the ones which tried to differ more from the "FF formula", creating some new experiences never seen before in FF, and the hate that it brought is because most FF fans who are vocal against them are also the most traditional "wing" of FF fans.

A wise person once said: "With fans like these ones, who needs enemies" XD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

FFX-2 actually had my favorite battle system of the series lol, they should revisit it sometime.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot said:
jneul, there's a difference though, between a cliffhanger and an end that leaves a place for a sequel.
Games that leave a place for a sequel, like FFX and FFVII bring the story that is presented within the game to a closure.
Cliffhangers are endings that are sudden, and don't end the story, there will still be many more unanswered questions and stuff like that.

ok then, I take your point. Still I will see for myself when I play WKC.

still I remember being really upset over the ending in FFX, I knew they would not leave it like that.

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Devilater said:

yeah to this day I could never understand the hate for FF X-2...

PS VITA = LIFE

jneul said:
Devilater said:

yeah to this day I could never understand the hate for FF X-2...

The main reason is that people are afraid to play a game which has three female main characters, that doesn't show well in their "hardcore" status quo of gamers :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"