By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does ioi includes viva pinata and forza 2 from the packs ?

Griffin said:
ioi will not be including these games with the sales numbers based on what he has done before. GRAW sold 3million copies and was not included because it was a pack in.

Well that is pretty lame if Wii Sports and Motorstorm count in the sales numbers but GRAW, Forza 2, Viva Pinata, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance don't count.

No wonder the 360's software numbers are always so low!

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

Unfortunately its not like all the premiums are the bundles yet. With PS3 you KNOW that the 80s are with Motorstorm and the Wii has Sports, but the XBOX currently has around 5 skus, and I am not sure all the original Premiums or Basic(now known as the arcade) have different skus from their non pack in equivalent.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

You could extrapolate the sales and get pretty reliable numbers if you wanted to.

Ie, 10% of X360 SKUs are the Arcade packs. Therefore you'd have 90% being the Elite/Pro SKUs with the games.

Either way, it's not a big deal. The X360 doesn't need bundled software charted here to overinflate sales: it already dominates everything else.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I didnt think this sites job was to inflate lesser sellers in order to match that of higher. Bundles should be included for all platforms or none at all if they can't be tracked right.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.