By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fishing people over to PS3 using FFXIII and Versus

tidusforeverx2 said:
Hiko said:
How are they luring people to the PS3 if FFXIII is pretty much the same on both consoles except for the number of discs?

I'm saying that for those who play FFXIII on the 360, will have to get a playstation 3 in order to play Final Fantasy Versus XIII. it will  hype them up, get it?

ah, ok. Now I understand what you meant.
Could've been a good tactic, but I don't think that's the case.
But I'm pretty sure some X360 players who get to play and enjoy the game on their system, might consider buying a PS3 for FFXIII-Versus.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Around the Network
Showertea said:
No.

That would be like Nintendo releasing NSMBWii on the 360 in hopes of luring people on to the wii to play Mario Tennis, or Microsoft releasing Halo 3 for the PS3 to lure over people to play ODST.

FF13 is a major game, which lots of people would be willing to buy a console for. Versus 13 is a spin off, and is going to have, at most, a fourth of the sales and appeal of FF13 proper.

I can see what your saying but Versus is deffinatly not a spin off, there are no characters to spin off from and the system is completly differant. it more closly resembles Kingdom hearts style battle system, the only thing that relates them is the world in which this all takes place. and I don't think every tv show that takes place on earth is a spin off of an original elusive tv show... And sorry if it sounds a little douchey... XP

I think Sony could see that there might be some gain for them in this. But I think to lure a substantial number of 360 owners to PS3 for vs XIII you'd need to see FFXIII achieve multi-million sales on the 360. Otherwise the luring effect will be pretty small.

Ask some of the 360 only FFXIII guys here whether they'll be picking up a PS3 for vs XIII? You'll probably mostly get "no" and the rest are probably maybe. I doubt there would be many yes's.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Good analysis.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

I agree

Around the Network
Auron said:
No, i think MS paid them to make it multiplat. Further, they will release a directer's cut on the PS3 which has many of the things they had to cut out to make the game run on 360 and PS3 equally.

This

And let me add MS also moneyhatted Sony to release the PS3 at $500 and $600 and the slow BR Drive and lame dev kit.

Garnett said:
Auron said:
No, i think MS paid them to make it multiplat. Further, they will release a directer's cut on the PS3 which has many of the things they had to cut out to make the game run on 360 and PS3 equally.

This

And let me add MS also moneyhatted Sony to release the PS3 at $500 and $600 and the slow BR Drive and lame dev kit.

Or, the even worse thing, maybe Squenix didn't need to remove anything to make it play equally on PS3 and 360, and cut stuff out at the last minute so they could release DLC or a director's cut for both systems.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

yea i guess this would be true if people with xbox's have never heard of FF before....ohh wait....

Showertea said:
Garnett said:
Auron said:

This

Or, the even worse thing, maybe Squenix didn't need to remove anything to make it play equally on PS3 and 360, and cut stuff out at the last minute so they could release DLC or a director's cut for both systems.

^^^ is 360 has gone red in its face from having the ps3 sit on its face. Are you not risking cutting the air supply to the poor machine considering the heat being released from the slim :S

OT: I think the mp was more in SE favor than anything else. Whether MS money hatter or not is irrelevant, SE had the final say and as long as the game sells, they will profit more than Sony and MS.