By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fishing people over to PS3 using FFXIII and Versus

I just had an amazing thought. Perhaps SQEX is using FFXIII to lure people to the PS3 for Versus using FFXIII as a display.... Any thoughts?

Around the Network

I have no idea what you are saying >.>

No, i think MS paid them to make it multiplat. Further, they will release a directer's cut on the PS3 which has many of the things they had to cut out to make the game run on 360 and PS3 equally.

dsister44 said:
I have no idea what you are saying >.>

He is saying FFXIII on 360 is a tool to get people to buy PS3 for FFXIII Versus.

How are they luring people to the PS3 if FFXIII is pretty much the same on both consoles except for the number of discs?

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

Around the Network
Auron said:
No, i think MS paid them to make it multiplat. Further, they will release a directer's cut on the PS3 which has many of the things they had to cut out to make the game run on 360 and PS3 equally.

I don't think they'll make a director's cut. Maybe DLC, but not director's cut...it will piss off way too many people who bought the regular version.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...

I agree that a director's cut would be nice but i doubt it will happen, considering that we never get any of their international game, i think the first international game we are getting is star ocean, which is great but still, i just think maybe they thought about this before doing it... one guy at the gamestop that is near me said that they are supposed to be getting some kind of add in bonus but they don't know what yet. he thinks its gonna be a rave card for some kind of DLC but nothing for sure yet....

Hiko said:
How are they luring people to the PS3 if FFXIII is pretty much the same on both consoles except for the number of discs?

I'm saying that for those who play FFXIII on the 360, will have to get a playstation 3 in order to play Final Fantasy Versus XIII. it will  hype them up, get it?

I can see what you are saying. Tease them with FFXIII and then if they want to play versus they got to buy a ps3 to play it.

As great as that sounds, I do not think it is true. How else would you explain what they did with the other JRPG's SE releases as timed exclusives / exclusives for the 360?

I think it has more to do with money than some conspiracy. After all, how would SE benefit from what you say?

I think FFXIIIVS is a way out for SE to redeem themselves for the cutting they have done in FFXIII. I wouldn't be surprised if SE blame the 360 DVD limitations on FFXIII VS release (although they have already indirectly started doing this).

No.

That would be like Nintendo releasing NSMBWii on the 360 in hopes of luring people on to the wii to play Mario Tennis, or Microsoft releasing Halo 3 for the PS3 to lure over people to play ODST.

FF13 is a major game, which lots of people would be willing to buy a console for. Versus 13 is a spin off, and is going to have, at most, a fourth of the sales and appeal of FF13 proper.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption