By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales by the end of 2006

??? how are all these wii's being sold when gamestop said they wont reieve any more this year that was like 3 weeks ago? After the 17th best buy said they werent getting anymore this year! I saw some on gamestop.com in a bundle but Other then that I havent seen any anywhere since the 17th!!! except ebay. so 3.5 seams like a high guess but will see. even aimes said they would have a hard time hitting there 4 million goal. are you sure its not wishful thinking on this sites behalf to see nintendo win! just one more point xbox hax 36 million world wide while gamecube was around 20 million . in your sales record xbox has a 3 million lead in america for over gc and was killed in japan. so does that mean microsoft in the rest of the world raped nintendo or would you disagree with the 36 million orginal xbox's sold.

Around the Network

Xbox sold 24 millions Gc sold 21 millions

Daddo Splat said: ??? how are all these wii's being sold when gamestop said they wont reieve any more this year that was like 3 weeks ago? After the 17th best buy said they werent getting anymore this year! I saw some on gamestop.com in a bundle but Other then that I havent seen any anywhere since the 17th!!! except ebay. so 3.5 seams like a high guess but will see. even aimes said they would have a hard time hitting there 4 million goal.
No kidding. Their original goal was 6million total for 2006. They still caught halfway up to Microsoft in a month in a half which is crazy. Nintendo will take top spot this generation, mark my words.

Systems I CURRENTLY Own: PLAYSTATION 3, Nintendo Wii, PC

Call of Duty 4 - Rank: 54 General II - K/D Ratio: 2.50

DigitalHero said: Daddo Splat said: ??? how are all these wii's being sold when gamestop said they wont reieve any more this year that was like 3 weeks ago? After the 17th best buy said they werent getting anymore this year! I saw some on gamestop.com in a bundle but Other then that I havent seen any anywhere since the 17th!!! except ebay. so 3.5 seams like a high guess but will see. even aimes said they would have a hard time hitting there 4 million goal. No kidding. Their original goal was 6million total for 2006. They still caught halfway up to Microsoft in a month in a half which is crazy. Nintendo will take top spot this generation, mark my words.
I'm pretty sure it was Sony that said 6 million by '07 Nintendo said 4,000,000 or so by '07

sony said 2 million nintendo said 4 million. the point is you cant find one online or in store my local best buy sold 110 at launch and they got 1 in yesterday. 1 your number for the wii are inflated Ps3 are at the local gamestop and at gamestop.com they are shipping gamestop still hasnt got any wii for 2 weeks. so how are they selling when you cant find one!!!! not in america that for sure. Pestacore all other site report original xbox at around 36 million worldwide and gamecube at 20 million this sit show gamecube at 20 million worldwide. they dont show original xbox figures! my point if the sale figure for america are correct on gamecube and xbox and they are correct in japan, then let assume that microsoft sold more xboxs out of the us then in the us 16 million here 20 elsewhere. if thats the case the 360 could have that same success abroad just not in japan where they are extreme loyalist. for good reason too it helps keep jobs local! SUPPORT YOUR COUNTTRY PEOPLE! buy nintendo.

Around the Network

I also find a bit odd that Wiis are selling like hotcakes as the shipments seems no-existent ...or at least very small with stores receiving 3-6 units now and then ... For example here in Spain we received consoles the 8th december ...and from then on only one small shipment .... For what I see in other forums not many people are being able to grab one so the shortages may be very powerful ... I am starting to see the Wii numbers in this page a bit suspicious ...so Reggie Fils Aimee himself says they will be doing their best to bring 1 million to NA and suddendly they have sold 1,8 million without nobody seeing the machines in the stores ....quite suspicious .

Daddo Splat said: Pestacore all other site report original xbox at around 36 million worldwide .
You realize that number is like 12 million to high, right?

I don't know if Sony actually shipped 1M consoles in North America by the end of 06, but by selling more than 1M by the end of 06, they already beat the 360 sales, as they only went to 1M by that time.