By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just wanted to get that out there.

Around the Network

Any enemy of Conan O'Brian is MY enemy! NBC and Leno suck!

also, Andross' enemy is MY enemy!

Yeah. NBC is retarded for messing with Conan.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Everyone knows that. lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I've never watched Conan's show, but I know from his work on The Simpsons that he's a very funny guy.

What's happened?

Around the Network

ya they suck big time, which is too bad I used to watch them big time

mrstickball said:
Yeah. NBC is retarded for messing with Conan.

My question... do they still have to pay Conan that 80 million?

Or whatever crazy number he had with them if he didn't have the timeslot by this point in time.

SamuelRSmith said:
I've never watched Conan's show, but I know from his work on The Simpsons that he's a very funny guy.

What's happened?

Back when Conan's contract with NBC was up Conan was going to go elsewhere because he wanted to be in the 11:30 slot and could go to CBS or somewhere else and get a show.

NBC to keep him offered him a big deal and a contract insentive that if he wasn't in that timeslot in 2010 he'd get a HUGE cash incentive... 10's of millions of dollars.

So come 2010 they decided to put Leno on at 10 and Conan on at  hoping that Leno would bring his listners to the time.

What happened was... Leno got worse ratings then the 10:00 usually did, and it upset local stations who often did stuff at 10:00... sometimes news shows etc.  It cost them a lot of advertising in general.

In addition Conan's numbers while i believe up from him are down for Leno.

NBC is planning on moving Leno back to his original tomespot... but only for a half hour with Conan coming on at 12:00.

This likely won't work and won't recapture the views since those viewers HAVEN'T by in large went to Letterman and other talkshows.  Instead those viewers have migrated to cable watching cable shows.. which they're likely invested in.

So in the end... NBC might end up paying conan a giant sum of money, lose conan (since he can opt out and take the money) and well just end up with a Leno show that was doing a fraction of what it used to.

In a way Leno's early show may have hurt Conan's show by fracturing viewership.

^^Leno is doing the Tonight Show again and Conan is out. This is the last I heard.

CHUCK IS AWESOME, SO IS HEROES.