By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: GT5 to use “80%” of PS3’s power

CGI-Quality said:
phxprovost said:

Its BS because in the world of computers, a program such as a video game will infinitely scale inside the system its run, so if theres really 20% more "power" left, the game can scale to use it, with things such as richer textures, increased physics samples, AA, AF, and so on and so on.

Point is, If GT5 is only using 80% of the ps3's "power" it means on of two things, what i originally said in my first post, or 2 : they cant figure out how to get more out of the ps3 and are happy sitting at "80%"

In other words, you can't prove it's BS. You're just giving an opinion. Gotcha.

*In otto's voice from The Simpsons*

Woah , deja vu man.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2950275

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Around the Network

Didn't Naughty Dog say a few years ago that devs who claim they are using "___" amount of a system's power are just fibbing?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Dgc1808 said:
Garnett said:
luvtospooge said:
Garnett said:
Hi im Yamauchi and im here to sell you GT5

:)

This is class A bullshit, Racing games dont do jack shit besides go in circles and if the PS3 is really maxed out by that then lmao.

It is way more complex than that, so Lmao at you....

I realize that there using some SPU for graphics, but if it really is closed to being maxed out then lol.

and btw the graphics suck ass, the hole back ground is a piece of paper, the crowd is a piece of paper and there is no grass. At least in the time trial i downloaded which JUST came out a little before christmas.

I know this isnt the final product but damn...

The time trail was pretty barebones. Visually, everything was GT5p but with some generic map that clearly wasn't made with "LET'S MAKE VISUALS THAT WiLL BLOW THEIR MINDS!!!" in mind. My guess is that time trail was just GT5p with updated physics and rushed map.

Ah ok thats what i was thinking.

I played it and was like "No Fking way! they said these graphics are better than Forza, theres not even grass". lol

SaviorX said:
Didn't Naughty Dog say a few years ago that devs who claim they are using "___" amount of a system's power are just fibbing?

Context , PS2 processor architecture =\= PS3 processor architecture

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

You're always slowed down by your weakest system in the chain. At different parts of the rendering process you may be limited by one or two individual subsystems. For example they claimed to only use 4 SPUs on Killzone 2 and yet the game had appreciable slowdowns. Obviously that example is not CPU limited.