By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just Me Or Was Uncharted DF's Campaign Better Than Uncharted2 Gameplay Wise

I tend to agree to some degree as well... Even though the overall gameplay and presentation is far better in Uncharted 2, the first part just had a charm of his own... I mean, if you'd just look at every level one by one, UC2 would probably "win" the comparison, but I also think that UC1 managed to put the chapters together more... smoothly. Maybe because of the smaller number of locations.

Around the Network

I liked them both pretty equally, I do think DF had a few better areas, but AT had way better graphics, online multiplayer and still an excellent story, one step down from mind blowing is still pretty freaking amazing!
And Elena is by far the better choice, though it is nice to see a Brit who is not the bad guy ALL the way through!

The story was better in Uncharted 1.

The whole treasure turning people in to monsters got me very surprised and thats what I like. I didn't get the same feeling in Uncharted 2. Also, there was very little of Sully in Uncharted 2. Another thing that I didn't like too much is that in U2, 90% of the time you have someone with you, in U1, at times you will be accompanied by someone else but not so much.

However, U2 has small boss fights like the guy on the train, the helicopter, tank etc. It also has a longer campaign and more weapons but I would still give the campaign to U1.

I agree with the multiplayer factor. I've put many many hours into it and it's one of my favs this gen.

LordChris915 said:
I liked them both pretty equally, I do think DF had a few better areas, but AT had way better graphics, online multiplayer and still an excellent story, one step down from mind blowing is still pretty freaking amazing!
And Elena is by far the better choice, though it is nice to see a Brit who is not the bad guy ALL the way through!

Chloe is aussie. The only game I liked with a Brit as the main bad guy was Metal Gear Solid 

Human contact, the final frontier.

Didn't bother to read - yes, it's just you.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Yeah, just you

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Hard to say, they're both amazing! DF was really under-rated though.

UC1 was boring as shit for me, now UC2.... Thats epic.

I doubt you're the only one, but I do think you're in the minority!

I thought Uncharted 2 was better in just about every way to the first, although I did miss driving a vehicle myself, though, such as the Jetski.

The engine would be great for it, but clearly after borking the controls with the jetski ND decided to avoid them.

Mind you, Uncharted was no slouch, so I see the improvements as incremental rather than 1 was bad and 2 was great.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

i think some are missing the point the title say gameplay not story graphis and ect

both games storys are just decent i dont get blown away buy story in games maybe just MGS one thats about it

i dont know how U2 gameplay can be better than the 1st wen the stealth tactics are pretty week for ex towards the end after the on rail sequence with the trucks wen u and elena get knocked off ur climbing the mountain there are 2 guys talking above u i stealth attacked 1 by pulling him off the other guy didnt do nothing immediately a few milliseconds latter i pulled him off too that not fun for me.

the amount of time u spend in U2 just platforming and walking is way greater than in U1 that s not fun gameplay for me

yes U2 has better graphics and more moves added like stealth but if your spending more time platforming then shootin guys none of that matters

the areas where there are bad guys theres also rpgs making it way easier to clear through the level w/o gettin satisfied on wat u just did fot ex at end where the bad guys are fighting the blue meanis b4 u go up the 4 flights of stairs u would think there would be a epic battle but all u have to do is make a run for the guy with the rpg us the rpg on the guy with the rail gun them use teh rail gun on the rest of the enemies theres no skill in all that

chole is much hotter elena doesnt even have hot girl eye make on her hair is alway bundled up and i believe chole has a better rack also

Play Me