By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN SMG - 7.9

Oh sorry I got it the wrong way round

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/833/833298p1.html

Around the Network

It's not really related. but every time I see Super Mario Galaxy abbreviated, I think SMEG.

And not SMEG as in the nice fridges.

SMEG as in "SMEEEEEG HEEEEEAD" if any other latent Red Dwarf fanboys catch my drift.

Lucky for you Matt didn't give it a 9.9!

Wow, a 10 in gameplay and sound.

Heh. Just waiting for one of these reviews to actually be bad and then everyone will think it's a joke.

Around the Network

Yeah, when the first "bad" review emerges, everyone will instantly accuse the site/magazine of having a long time bias against Nintendo. It'll be fun.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

That would be 1up, and it would be true.

The thing that concerns me is that the graphics are said to be "Pushing the hardware" and to have great art style, yet they only (only?) gave it a 9.5. Does that mean it will be nigh impossible for a wii game to get a 10.0 in graphics from IGN?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

I think maybe the score's reduced for 'the few graphical blemishes and occasional slight camera issues' or something like that they mention near the end of the article

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Remember, number scoring systems are not absolute, and are still based on opinion.

Giving a game a Perfect 10 opens a review site to ridicule. A perfect 10 means people will point out minor flaws and say "see! It's not perfect! Why'd you give it a 10! BIASED!" It also means some people will blindly buy it even though they don't like the genre/type of game/controls because, hey, it's supposedly perfect!

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.