By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Had Lots of Deleted Content

Final Fantasy XIII is a big game with a massive world to explore (cough -- once you get past all those linear paths -- cough).

But it apparently could have been much bigger.

Square Enix specialty site FF Reunion has a short summary of a new interview with FFXIII art director Isamu Kamikokuryou.

In the interview, Kamikokuryou discusses some of the content that was deleted from the game.

Apparently, the FFXIII design team created a number of areas that ended up not going into the final product. How much?

Enough to create an additional game, according to Kamikokuryou.

(We already knew about the Chocobo farm, but Nautilus Park apparently once had a zoo as well).

Kamikokuryou shared a few locations with the magazine. Apparently, the design team created a full area

surrounding Lightning's home.

This area resembled a park. There was also a secret base for resistance group Nora inside a shop somewhere.

Nautiuls Park, an amusement facility, at one point also included a zoo.

The content was already running on actual PS3 hardware, it seems, but was left out due to

considerations for game volume and overall game balanace.

The FF Reunion site is itself not sure of the source of this interview, but I imagine it would be Famitsu,

as the magazine has been running a series of interviews with FFXIII's designers since the game's release.

Perhaps we can look forward to even more insights in coming issues.

Source

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Just dont start blaming the x360 about it. They are idiots in SE

damn you xbawks!

Cthulhu said:

I blame Wada...

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

We all know why!

I HAET U MICRASOFT!@!!!11

Around the Network

tis very sad.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Cthulhu said:

I blame Wada

hatmoza said:
tis very sad.

yes its very sad

hatmoza said:
tis very sad.

i know

i am going by to meet the deadline they cut alot, u all can argue why they couldn't meet it.... i am kind disappointed with the game.

well Versus certainly be better. nomura have certain more freedom than kitasate and he really complain about nomura having much power in Versus, even enough to keep it exclusive.