By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/4 – 1/10) -- FF13 #8, NSMB Wii #2, KH:BBS LEADS!

Thanks, so Wii didin't drop as much as I thought then.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

% wise it dropped more than PS3, but thats been the case in 2009, 2008, and 2007 too I think. Have to look.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Final+Fantasy+X-2+-+PS2[760]&reg2=Japan&game2=Final+Fantasy+XIII+-+PS3[7727]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=5

FF13 tracking almost identicle but showing possibly better legs than FF X-2 in Japan. FF X-2 went on to sell 2.4+ Million LTD, id say thats pretty good considering early famistu LT estimates and predictions.

you do know that 2.4 mil is after the best version and international version releases, right? FFX-2 ended with 1,960,937 (based on Famitsu numbers) before those re-releases and it's likely where FFXIII would end up.

Im well aware. I dont remember famitsu or predictions clarifying international and best of releases would not count toward the game.

Sales are sales.

You are assuming there will be International and Best of releases. Famitsu made the prediction on the current version that's being released, not any other version that has not been announced.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Final+Fantasy+X-2+-+PS2[760]&reg2=Japan&game2=Final+Fantasy+XIII+-+PS3[7727]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=5

FF13 tracking almost identicle but showing possibly better legs than FF X-2 in Japan. FF X-2 went on to sell 2.4+ Million LTD, id say thats pretty good considering early famistu LT estimates and predictions.

you do know that 2.4 mil is after the best version and international version releases, right? FFX-2 ended with 1,960,937 (based on Famitsu numbers) before those re-releases and it's likely where FFXIII would end up.

Im well aware. I dont remember famitsu or predictions clarifying international and best of releases would not count toward the game.

Sales are sales.

The reason they're usually separated is that they require added content and (usually) remarketing. There are notable added expenses, so just lumping them in as added sales isn't exactly fair.

FFXIII still did better than most were expecting, though. Combined with the underwhelming Tales of Graces sales (I consider Tales of to be a very FF-centric franchise), I think it's reasonable to say that the FF fanbase has moved on to the PS3 nearly wholesale. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:

Sales are sales.

You are assuming there will be International and Best of releases. Famitsu made the prediction on the current version that's being released, not any other version that has not been announced.

Meh, fine, FF13 still cleared LT predictions of famitsu in 2 days so whatever.

FF13 trending with X-2 is amazing and will surely sell 2 million before the international or best of releases hit.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:

Sales are sales.

FF13 trending with X-2 is amazing and will surely sell 2 million before the international or best of releases hit.

To be fair famitsu was pretty bad at predicting the sales of the games this holiday season.  NSMB wii they had at 2.5 million, it's almost there already.  They had SW3 at 120-170k and it's probably gonna end up at like 300k., even ToG a game that most people said bombed is probably gonna beat the famitsu predictions.  Bayonetta predicted 120-160k, and it is already at 205k.  Wii Fit Plus has only 400k more to go, it'll easily crush that.  Phantasy Star Portable 2 is already 100k over their predictions. Inazuma Eleven was off by like 700-800k.

They were too low on almost all the games. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Honestly I don't think it is Famitsu predicting the games, I think it is Famitsu asking analysts to predict the games. Famitsu itself has data going back into the 1980s - they know their stuff.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

johnsobas said:
steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:
saicho said:
steverhcp02 said:

Sales are sales.

To be fair famitsu was pretty bad at predicting the sales of the games this holiday season.  NSMB wii they had at 2.5 million, it's almost there already.  They had SW3 at 120-170k and it's probably gonna end up at like 300k., even ToG a game that most people said bombed is probably gonna beat the famitsu predictions.  Bayonetta predicted 120-160k, and it is already at 205k.  Wii Fit Plus has only 400k more to go, it'll easily crush that.  Phantasy Star Portable 2 is already 100k over their predictions. Inazuma Eleven was off by like 700-800k.

They were too low on almost all the games. 

Agreed. But i dont care about those games so i didnt comment :)

However, totally surpasing LT expectation in 2 days is pretty insane, the titles you mentioned will exceed them....eventually....n ot surpassed in 2 days.

Still i agree, but its more distinct with FF13, and i care about that game, thus i commented.

TheSource said:

Honestly I don't think it is Famitsu predicting the games, I think it is Famitsu asking analysts to predict the games. Famitsu itself has data going back into the 1980s - they know their stuff.

If you had something more concrete id be interested.....as far as i know its not specified in table form Analyst A predicts X Analyst B predicts X.....it seems they use the numbers or publish the prediction under their endoresment, but i dont know to be honest.

ToG back to top 30
thats good