By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone believe or hope Microsoft will leave the videogame business?

In my dreams lol, it wont happen any time soon though :( lol.

Around the Network
legend92(3) said:

Why, exactly?

Seece said:
legend92(3) said:

Why, exactly?

Because I dislike MS as a company and really don't want them to become a monopoly in the gaming industry like they want to be.

Good lord, who necro'd this thread? It's going to be the same BS all over again >_>

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Why on earth would someone wish MS to leave video games? Any other reasons than fanboy hate?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

what a sad sad thread.

the Jo and legend posts above sum up well how pathetic and one eyed this forum can be at times. 

Competition in the gaming industry can ONLY be a good thing.

microsoft dont want competition that's the thing :) i prefer sega or samsung,or something else but microsoft. lucky microsoft doesn't know what to do, so they will just try to do what sony and nintendo do.

Jo21 said:
kowenicki said:

what a sad sad thread.

the Jo and legend posts above sum up well how pathetic and one eyed this forum can be at times. 

Competition in the gaming industry can ONLY be a good thing.

microsoft dont want competition that's the thing :) i prefer sega or samsung,or something else but microsoft. lucky microsoft doesn't know what to do, so they will just try to do what sony and nintendo do.

Do you really think that Sony or Nintendo wants competition?  Thats a foolish thought.

MS will not leave the business.  Tomorrow they will release earnings for the last qtr and for the complete 2010 fiscal year and the EDD division will have profit of probably over $1B for the year.  That is with the 360 the only profitable part of that division.  This next year looks even bigger profit wise. Kinect will be out and creating revenue and profit and it looks like the more profitable 360 S models will be at the same price as the Jasper models. 

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Hey, the PS2 expanded the video gaming industry well into the hundred of millions. There's plenty of people and marketshare for the 360 to hang in there for years to come.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I don't see Microsoft, Sony or Nitendo leaving anytime soon, all 3 of them will compete in the next generation of consoles, why? Because they can.

Sony won't leave because: PS1 was a success, PS2 was a success, PS3 managed to push blu-ray, and as a game console isn't a total failure.

Nitendo won't leave because: they've been here for what seems like forever, Wii is a huge financial success, Mario, Zelda and Donkey can still make $, Nitendo is a core gaming company, it's their business, and livelyhood.

Microsoft won't leave because: Xbox 360 is a huge success compared to the original Xbox, Xbox live is a huge success, they're currently making profit, and will likely have made a good profit by the time Xbox 360 stops producing, they've no reason to leave.

CGI-Quality said:
I don't like many of their business tactics, but to wish them out of the industry is wishing for less competition/games/features/services. Nope, I hope they remain!

exactly and is just Toading, pure and simple...I guess Toading Sony was not Enough , Now Microsoft...God..pathetic.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.