By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 reach 1 million sold in Others or Japan first?

I hate trying to predict or calculate the European market, because there are no public numbers to go by, so even the numbers that we can compare them with are still just 'guesses' really.

Around the Network

TheSource said: I now think it will pass 1 million in Europe first. However, I still expect sales to begin rapidly declining in Europe in about two weeks. Considering PS3 has not sold over 50,000/week in the Americas or Japan since January (225k or so/month) - and since those regions had the added benefit of carry over from the holidays - I expect sales to drop below 50k per week in Europe much sooner (no X-mas to keep them propped up)... So...PS3 will hit 1 million in Europe/others by April 15. But it will not hit 2 million in Europe until September or later I think. Japan will hit 1 million for PS3 in 7-10 weeks I think.
Pla territories just might become Playstations biggest market this gen. What happens in japan and americas will matter less and less. the economies of the east are growing.... this will help sales.