By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 reach 1 million sold in Others or Japan first?

Veeper said: i had a PS2 since launch... and i suppose i'm not the only guy in Europe not willing to give 600 Euros to Sony... You were willing to pay roughly €600 for a PS2 6.5 years ago. You probably earn more money than 6.5 years ago, and the PS3 definitely offers a lot more value for money than the PS2 6.5 years ago... So what are you complaining about ?
No i didn't... i won it at a contest If i had to pay i wouldn't buy it until it's price was about 400 Euros. And even if i had to pay back then there wasn't any other choice... i already had a DreamCast and the GameCube didn't had support so what else could i buy? But things are different now... we see a lot of support on all 3 consoles and you have something completely fresh to buy (Wii)

Around the Network

Jeez. I didn't mean to derail the whole thread.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

gamingdevil said: Soulxxx said: I don't know which are exclusives so I'd ask you to take the non-exclusives out of your list because they would DEFINATELY sell better on the other two consoles. You can't compete with the PS3. Just by the name I can tell you which games are far from hardcore: -Big Brain Academy -Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I know this one to be a kiddie game) -SSX: Blur (This game is already out and it sux according to critics) -Super paper mario. (SRSLY, Mario is a hardcore game?? Where are you living?? More like "WHEN" are you living?) -Super smash football wii. (HUH?!? I think the PES franchise is better.. how else would you call 7 freaking titles? mind you, I don't like soccer, but a lot of people do, so I don't think if anyone's thinking to buy a soccer game, he'd buy a Wii and Super smash football. The Super Smash alone makes it sound like a Joke) -Tennis Masters (Not hardcore and exactly the same gameplay as Virtua Tennis 3, I'm 100% sure) I bet there's more and I bet there's twice as much non-exclusives in that list that will sell MUCH better on the PS360. I just don't know these games.. probably means they will sell poop. And GAMES are just an opinion, just so you know. However, quality isn't... and we can tell which games are Hardcore and which are not so this list is pointless, and it definately doesn't live up to it's header. 1st Super Smash Bros. Brawl is FAR from a casual or kiddie game. It's a fighter. and 2nd SSX: Blur sucks? Gamespot gave it a 7.4... i don't think a 7.4 game sucks... and about the multiplatform thing... you claim that multi-platform titles will sell definately better on the other consoles... i think there are some multi-platform games who sold better on Wii than PS3. And still... who talked about sales?
Let me continue here... Mario is as hardcore you can get, if we are talking plattform. Their is nothing as awarding as succeding with a good tuff plattformer. A remeber the good Sonic vs Mario years, then IT was plattformer that was number one! Hardcore is not about how much blood you can spill out... EDIT: I forgott: We better hope it will be in Europe or PS3 will be as far behind the opponents that we can leave it as we all left GameCube.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Soulxxx said: I don't know which are exclusives so I'd ask you to take the non-exclusives out of your list because they would DEFINATELY sell better on the other two consoles. You can't compete with the PS3. Just by the name I can tell you which games are far from hardcore: -Big Brain Academy -Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I know this one to be a kiddie game) -SSX: Blur (This game is already out and it sux according to critics) -Super paper mario. (SRSLY, Mario is a hardcore game?? Where are you living?? More like "WHEN" are you living?) -Super smash football wii. (HUH?!? I think the PES franchise is better.. how else would you call 7 freaking titles? mind you, I don't like soccer, but a lot of people do, so I don't think if anyone's thinking to buy a soccer game, he'd buy a Wii and Super smash football. The Super Smash alone makes it sound like a Joke) -Tennis Masters (Not hardcore and exactly the same gameplay as Virtua Tennis 3, I'm 100% sure) I bet there's more and I bet there's twice as much non-exclusives in that list that will sell MUCH better on the PS360. I just don't know these games.. probably means they will sell poop. And GAMES are just an opinion, just so you know. However, quality isn't... and we can tell which games are Hardcore and which are not so this list is pointless, and it definately doesn't live up to it's header.
Clearly you are one those people who has testosterone problems and the PS3 makes you feel like a man i can hear it now: Kid 1:"Wow he's strong!" Kid 2:"He has to be you know how heavy the PS3 is?" *Soulxxx smiles* end cartoon!

StarcraftManiac said: Crazy man: Ur not even trying to contradict what i said in the other post, so i guess I'm right!... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ And u want a list for more hardcore orientated wii games:
I will correct your list. - Midnight - Orb - Thorn - Alive - Manhunt 2 - Disaster: Day of Crisis - Big Brain Academy - hardcore for non-gamers. - Harker - Driver: Parallel Lines - Godfather - multiplatform - Excite Truck - Scarface - multiplatform - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - NOT hardcore. - Heat seeker - The Destiny of Zorro - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - NOT hardcore (it's a party game) - SC: IV (on the list) - NOT EVEN ANNOUNCED - SSX: Blur - multiplatform - Tales of Harmony - NOT EVEN COMING - Super paper mario. - not hardcore - Tales of the Abyss - NOT EVEN COMING - Alien Syndrome - Star blaze - Mortal Kombat Armageddon - Untitled gearbox project with unreal III or unreal II.5 engine, - Untitled projects dont count - Untitled kojima project. - Same as above - No More Heroes - Super smash football wii. - NOT hardcore - 100 Bullets - Project H.A.M.M.E.R - Super mario: Galaxy. - Alien RPG - Brothers In Arms: Double Time - Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - Port with small changes. - Project S - Elebtiz, also known as Eledees in PAL territories. - elebits was NOT hardcore. - Reborn - Blitz: The League - New Zelda title (Has been in the making for 1.2 year now). - Tennis Masters - Mario & Sonic Beijing olympics 2008. - Did anyone say Wii Sports, not hardcore. - Blazing Angels - Broken Saints - Devil Kings 2 - Samurai Warriors Wave - Forever Blue - Batallion wars II. - Lost - Madden series - multiplatform - Super smash bros: Brawl. - Listed TWICE. This is the SECOND time on here. - Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn - Tiger Woods Series - Pro Evo series - Metroid prime 3 corruption - Also listed TWICE. - Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift2 - MOH: VG - Rafael Nadal Tennis - TNA iMPACT - WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - RE: Umbrella Chronicles - Sadness - Red Steel 2 (R&D) - Word Series Poker - River King - Dragon quest swords: Masked queen and the tower of mirrors. - DDR Wii - NOT hardcore. StarCraftManiac. Your list is funny. Why do you list so many games twice. I'm only debunking the games I *know* are multiplatform, or are NOT hardcore. Most of those... are NOT hardcore. Even the ones I dont say anything beside. I say PS3 will reach 1mil in Europe in late april to mid may. Well before it does in Japan. EDIT: I just wanna say that most of the games on that list I would never buy. I'm a picky gamer.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Kwaad said: StarcraftManiac said: Crazy man: Ur not even trying to contradict what i said in the other post, so i guess I'm right!... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ And u want a list for more hardcore orientated wii games: StarCraftManiac. Your list is funny. Why do you list so many games twice. I'm only debunking the games I *know* are multiplatform, or are NOT hardcore. Most of those... are NOT hardcore. Even the ones I dont say anything beside. I say PS3 will reach 1mil in Europe in late april to mid may. Well before it does in Japan. EDIT: I just wanna say that most of the games on that list I would never buy. I'm a picky gamer.
how nice to see kwaad is back on the page he's not listing so many games twice, only two, and i think this is acceptable in such a long list. i don't think that it would have looked shorter if there were two games left. even if we remove all games from the list to which you have written a comment, there remain still more games than i have posessed on the gamecube, and i think i have posessed a lot. and the most important games are not announced yet anyway, i mean there are a lot of nintendo-franchises that haven't been announced yet (mario kart for example is not on the list.) And to your edit: i could say the same thing to the ps3-list, but i don't think that it matters. but i still have a question: i've asked a little above about the two tales-games, and now you have written that they are not even coming. please tell me what you know about them.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Keep denying, but it's there... and 71 million is still bigger than 47 mil.. even if it's for each console seperately. People who played the PS2 and got their kicks out of it will surely buy the PS3 when the price drops and some even bought it before... Are you saying that won't happen? You live in a dream world. Are you saying the Wii won't fade when that happens?? You live in a dream world. Are you saying Mario games are hardcore?? You live in a dream world. "Oh look I'm jumping on moving mushrooms and turtles! I'm HARDCORE BABY, YEAH!! SCORE!!" Remember that G4TV survey that they had that showed 9 million gamers would pay full price for the PS3 in the US alone! You think they changed their minds??? You think the Elite changed their minds?? More like pushed them even further towards the PS3. You think the Wii changed thier minds? If they have 600$ to shell for a superb console, do you really think they'll spend 250$ for the Wii when they can buy the PS3? Just wait and see people... 9 million. And after the price drops... you know.. you better know. EVERYONE who bought a PS2 and enjoyed it enough, will eventually buy a PS3 because it's future proof, like it or not N-fanboys it's the truth. Your Wii simply isn't future proof and if they release a new console in 2 years, means I'm right. Not everyone who owns a GC will buy a Wii cause they see beyond it's Wiimote. Giving you the Wiimote as a standard is sort of what Sony did with blu-ray, isn't it? So didn't they take your choice away? They're forcing you to play with motion sensing ALL THE TIME for the sake of improving Gameplay cause if they release games without the motion sensor, what's the point of it? so what makes you think it's gonna last 2 years?? Sony, on the other hand, isn't forcing you anything.. the BRD is there for casual gamers to get the best games in the industry with 50 gigs of games (It's the future my friends... accept it.) The BRD is also there for HD capabilities. The BRD is also there for HD Movies. The Blu-ray is simply put, perfect. Anyone want to TRY to debunk that? nintendo_fanboy, the name says it all. Alacrist, the Avatar says it all. gamingdevil, the sig says it all. I would assume you're a major Sixaxis hater... tell me what's wrong with it? Can I guess, using the typical fanboyish remarks?? "NO RUMBLE!", "LOOKS THE SAME!" and "DOESN'T FEEL REAL!"... Anything else to add?? robjoh, Mario is hardcore?? If you haven't played Ratchet and Clank... shut up. Mario is a classic, agreed. But the milking should stop... If you like the new games, by all means, have fun... just don't try calling them Hardcore. Standards change... When the first Mario was released it might have been hardcore, but now? If average joe goes to buy a console and games, you really think he would choose Mario over, say.. Ratchet and Clank? And again, Most important thing to remember, hardcore is kind of a subjective term on it's own. So all of these points about games should be considered false and irrelevant. Cause it all boils down to opinions in the end. Maybe StarcraftManiac was trying to list some Mainstream games.. that I would approve, but to say they are better played on the Wii with the Wiimote is a pure joke. Though the 360 is the worst played, I think, for having nothing but rumble. The community here always seems to be the good kind, predicting sales and stuff but they're always running down the PS3 and even after the results come in and show them they were wrong they're gonna say "Wow, I didn't expect that.. but still, it won't sell next month". Shows what you know about the PS3.. now that you know all these good facts about it, will you still continue to predict low sales for it??

Planning on getting a PS3 sometime in July-August.

Soulxxx said: Keep denying, but it's there... and 71 million is still bigger than 47 mil.. even if it's for each console seperately. People who played the PS2 and got their kicks out of it will surely buy the PS3 when the price drops and some even bought it before... Are you saying that won't happen? You live in a dream world. Are you saying the Wii won't fade when that happens?? You live in a dream world. Are you saying Mario games are hardcore?? You live in a dream world. "Oh look I'm jumping on moving mushrooms and turtles! I'm HARDCORE BABY, YEAH!! SCORE!!" Remember that G4TV survey that they had that showed 9 million gamers would pay full price for the PS3 in the US alone! You think they changed their minds??? You think the Elite changed their minds?? More like pushed them even further towards the PS3. You think the Wii changed thier minds? If they have 600$ to shell for a superb console, do you really think they'll spend 250$ for the Wii when they can buy the PS3? Just wait and see people... 9 million. And after the price drops... you know.. you better know. EVERYONE who bought a PS2 and enjoyed it enough, will eventually buy a PS3 because it's future proof, like it or not N-fanboys it's the truth. Your Wii simply isn't future proof and if they release a new console in 2 years, means I'm right. Not everyone who owns a GC will buy a Wii cause they see beyond it's Wiimote. Giving you the Wiimote as a standard is sort of what Sony did with blu-ray, isn't it? So didn't they take your choice away? They're forcing you to play with motion sensing ALL THE TIME for the sake of improving Gameplay cause if they release games without the motion sensor, what's the point of it? so what makes you think it's gonna last 2 years?? Sony, on the other hand, isn't forcing you anything.. the BRD is there for casual gamers to get the best games in the industry with 50 gigs of games (It's the future my friends... accept it.) The BRD is also there for HD capabilities. The BRD is also there for HD Movies. The Blu-ray is simply put, perfect. Anyone want to TRY to debunk that? nintendo_fanboy, the name says it all. Alacrist, the Avatar says it all. gamingdevil, the sig says it all. I would assume you're a major Sixaxis hater... tell me what's wrong with it? Can I guess, using the typical fanboyish remarks?? "NO RUMBLE!", "LOOKS THE SAME!" and "DOESN'T FEEL REAL!"... Anything else to add?? robjoh, Mario is hardcore?? If you haven't played Ratchet and Clank... shut up. Mario is a classic, agreed. But the milking should stop... If you like the new games, by all means, have fun... just don't try calling them Hardcore. Standards change... When the first Mario was released it might have been hardcore, but now? If average joe goes to buy a console and games, you really think he would choose Mario over, say.. Ratchet and Clank? And again, Most important thing to remember, hardcore is kind of a subjective term on it's own. So all of these points about games should be considered false and irrelevant. Cause it all boils down to opinions in the end. Maybe StarcraftManiac was trying to list some Mainstream games.. that I would approve, but to say they are better played on the Wii with the Wiimote is a pure joke. Though the 360 is the worst played, I think, for having nothing but rumble. The community here always seems to be the good kind, predicting sales and stuff but they're always running down the PS3 and even after the results come in and show them they were wrong they're gonna say "Wow, I didn't expect that.. but still, it won't sell next month". Shows what you know about the PS3.. now that you know all these good facts about it, will you still continue to predict low sales for it??
Look... you still use your 71m - 47m. How do you know that Sony won't lose MORE people or that Nintendo won't attract MORE people? You just seem to not see whatever you don't like aren't you? I already told you... i owned a PS2 and now a Wii... NOT a PS3. Now please find any other excuses for your poor-selling console of choice I don't hate the SixAxis... i don't care about rumble... i just don't like Sony's strategy this time... too Microsoft-ish.

RolStoppable said: I hope sieanr will reply to Soulxxx's post.
My exact thought!!

Soulxxx said: EVERYONE who bought a PS2 and enjoyed it enough, will eventually buy a PS3 because it's future proof, like it or not N-fanboys it's the truth. Your Wii simply isn't future proof and if they release a new console in 2 years, means I'm right. Not everyone who owns a GC will buy a Wii cause they see beyond it's Wiimote. Giving you the Wiimote as a standard is sort of what Sony did with blu-ray, isn't it? So didn't they take your choice away? They're forcing you to play with motion sensing ALL THE TIME for the sake of improving Gameplay cause if they release games without the motion sensor, what's the point of it? so what makes you think it's gonna last 2 years?? Sony, on the other hand, isn't forcing you anything.. the BRD is there for casual gamers to get the best games in the industry with 50 gigs of games (It's the future my friends... accept it.) The BRD is also there for HD capabilities. The BRD is also there for HD Movies. The Blu-ray is simply put, perfect. Anyone want to TRY to debunk that? nintendo_fanboy, the name says it all.
this is ridiculous. i said it before, and i'm going to say it over and over again. the wiimote offers a new option to control a game, but if it doesn't fit to a game, you can just use the old one. ssb:b for example will pe controlled with a classic controller, without any motion sensing. same thing with the ds: there are many games that don't use the touchscreen, but this doesn't mean that these are bad games. there are many other arguments that you stated which I dislike, but i'm too tired to counter them all. but about my name: i've chosen it because i just own nintendo consoles, which makes my point of view quite subjective. but despite that, i am still able to argue objective. i was sceptic about the wii when i first heard about it, as i was sceptic about the ds. it was my fear that it won't be interesting enough for hardcore gamers like me, but now, i'm fully satisfied with those consoles. i don't think that the ps3 is beaten yet, we are far away from that point, but there are many signs indicating that sony has a hard time upcoming. at the moment, i think x360 will do better than ps3, but they need great halo-sales for that. and now please tell me if this is fanboyish and if you are not fanboyish at all.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)