By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta vs Dante vs Kratos

It should be noted.... Superman is EXTREMELY weak to magic.

Usually.

He's been cut by a vampire's fingernails before just because the vampire was magical.  He didn't have super strength or hard fingernails or anything.

Also, that while Superman is ridiculiously fast, that's never stopped people with no superspeed from hitting him... ones without some of the wider ranged attacks Bayoneta has.

If it's modern comics interpretation of Superman... i'd say she stood a fair chance honestly.

Around the Network

@Alby_Da_Wolf
SISTERS OF FATE said thag Kratos 's fate was to come and BATTLE ( not kill ) SISTERS OF FATE. so, yeah, Kratos is strongert than destiny itself

BladeOfGod said:
@Alby_Da_Wolf
SISTERS OF FATE said thag Kratos 's fate was to come and BATTLE ( not kill ) SISTERS OF FATE. so, yeah, Kratos is strongert than destiny itself

This anyway goes against ancient Greek myths and beliefs. The whole stuff of Kratos battling the Gods looks more like a contamination from northern myths, like Norse Ragnarök.

Edit: anyway, there are also a lot of analogies between Greek and Norse mythology, one huge difference being that Olympian Gods already won their battle against Titans, while most Gods from Asgard (but not all of them) will be killed in a final battle yet to come against the Jotuns, and after that, a new world will rise again.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

How powerful is Bayonetta? She almost made me beat myself! That's how powerful. Kratos and Dante never had a chance.

Kasz216 said:

Usually.

He's been cut by a vampire's fingernails before just because the vampire was magical.  He didn't have super strength or hard fingernails or anything.

Also, that while Superman is ridiculiously fast, that's never stopped people with no superspeed from hitting him... ones without some of the wider ranged attacks Bayoneta has.

If it's modern comics interpretation of Superman... i'd say she stood a fair chance honestly.

That's why I hate comic book hero match-ups.

Character/powers are almost never consistent throughout the years.

Video game characters are easier.  For example, Link would probably cut Bayonetta in half.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
How powerful is Bayonetta? She almost made me beat myself! That's how powerful. Kratos and Dante never had a chance.

She's got teh powah of teh mighty boobs, ass and eyeless black cat, not even a Titan could resist them!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Words Of Wisdom said:
Kasz216 said:

Usually.

Video game characters are easier.  For example, Link would probably cut Bayonetta in half.

Oh yeah, consistancy in superhero powers is ridiculious.

I think it's because the editors don't really... edit.  I mean, characters powers, stories and abilities aren't even consistant in books that release in the same month!  Let alone with 10 years ago.

Words Of Wisdom said:

....you're probably not that far off

Let's drop the characters' personalities they cant do s#!t
Bayonetta cant even dogde kratos' quake,souls,lightning,rage to use the witch thing.....and even if she does....kratos can block every attack she does or even worse....reflect them....(he also can slow down time)....even her big dragon is a little pussy for kratos....if it tries to eat him.....he'll f**k up its jaw like he never did to the hydra...so basically u cant kill kratos
and people who keep saying....bayo killed badass monster....well she killed angels or w/e kratos killed gods...people who say (greek gods are weak or something) are just pointless....there is no scale to rate them in real life since they dont really exist.....so in game....gods are gods...demons are demons...0.o oh and people just keep saying "bayo kills them easily and stuff" with no proof or something....or repeating the time thing which i already proved to be sucky :P
there is a reason why GOW is the best Hack N Slash..........

luvtospooge said:
hikaruchan said:
luvtospooge said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Carl2291 said:
Kantor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Easily Bayonetta, according to the moves they can pull off in their actual games.....I mean, she can pretty much pause time.

Of course, this really is just a popularity contest, and not a true discussion on the actual powers each character possesses, because no one is taking it seriously. :P

Kratos killed one God with a massive sword, killed another by impaling with ANOTHER sword, and killed a third by ripping his head off.

And you think he can be beaten by some slutty librarian with big...shoes.

Bayonetta klled this.

With a few bullets/swipes... And her hair.

Bear in mind the big thing is a big stone head with wings and 2 huge dragon heads that breath fire, and you will see how Bayonetta wins.

And btw, that is an easy boss in the game.

Fortitudo was a cool boss (also the first REAL boss). And just for scale, that thing is significantly larger than a large house. And that sucker got MESSED UP. It wasn't even funny what she did to this guy. And later on in the game, that's not even a boss. That's a regular enemy. And He is SMALL compared to the other bosses and even regular enemies. And unlike Kratos, no grunting is or struggling is involved. She never breaks a sweat killing these things. From a story perspective, she is in complete and total control of the situation at all times, these things aren't even a threat too her. She finds killing them to be fun. While Kratos struggles and takes several seconds of pulling to rip off a human head (like in that famous GoW3 clip), she is ripping the heads off of things like this with ease.

The concept behind Bayonetta is kinda mess up..from what I saw, she is invincible. No weak points or whatsoever. She's wayyy too perfect..(to be expected from capcom)...

Thats kinda...cheating? Ill make a character so strong that he is the creator of the Big Bang...

Bayonetta is not from CAPCOM it is by Platinum Games a Studio made from the former Clover Studios and published by SEGA.

Oh no wonder the game looked so freaking similar to God Hand..

btw God Hand own all of those characters, seriously. He is the coolest protagonist ever!.

"And unlike Kratos, no grunting is or struggling is involved. She never breaks a sweat killing these things. From a story perspective, she is in complete and total control of the situation at all times"

personality proves nothing kratos is supposed to be tough and makes loud unnecessary voices not struggling...i can say that bayo killes monsters with 100000000 hits compared to kratos' 1 hit but that makes no sense...as for the boss....no matter how big he is he isnt a god

kratos now might even fight titans.....so size dont matter either...its just how strong they are so when u say she killed them easily i can say because they sucked ass :) but when u say the same ill say they're Gods :P i know ur confused right now

so lets compare them by powers 1 to 1 not by what they killed...that would be fair to YOU still kratos would rip her head off by one grab if not...there are many many other tragic ways to kill her while he'll always be invincible due to the GOLDEN FLEECE