By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 - KILLING PS3s!

not even once!

Around the Network

As more and more 60GB PS3's get clogged with dust they're overheating and killing themselves, YLOD and freezing issues are becoming a big problem as the 60GB's get older. The game is one of the most popular games out there and is being played for longer than most hence the corrolation with more consoles failing when playing it. I expect if you look on Microsofts forums there will be similar reports of it causing RROD on the 360 too.

I don't know how I do it, but my PS3 runs for around 10 hours+ a day nonstop every day and I have had no issues yet. 60GB model from Dec. 2006.

I game on it and use it for DVD/BluRay.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

slowmo said:
As more and more 60GB PS3's get clogged with dust they're overheating and killing themselves, YLOD and freezing issues are becoming a big problem as the 60GB's get older. The game is one of the most popular games out there and is being played for longer than most hence the corrolation with more consoles failing when playing it. I expect if you look on Microsofts forums there will be similar reports of it causing RROD on the 360 too.

I'm having the exact same problems as the 60GBers(though not as bad) with my slim that I've only bought a MONTH ago though.

No issues here.

Around the Network

Lol, try the 360 version, no offense.
Maybe you should fix your Ps3?
Or check if your connection is causing a disruption.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

No issue for me so far.

The PSboards were filled with such retardism the same day the KZ2 demo was released (control related).

Combined with MW2's large userbase, I'd be really surprised if there was any problem at all with MW2. Besides that, the game gets alot of hate for selling so well...

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Ps3 is more likely to die while being used alot. MW2 sold a lot so it means that many people are playing it. When random PS3's die there is a good probability that the user will be running MW2 or U2.

Guess it's a simple enough reason to explain these accounts.

It's conspiracy all right but not by Sony but by none other than the ps3 slim itself, Sony made it to smart and it it know can think for it's self so it put a code in all the latest exclusive that would kill the old ps3 and make people it's brotheren and after everyhold has a ps3 slim they will morph together and form a giant ps3 mecha bipedal battle robot that will enslave the world, it's the power of the cell!!!!!!!!