By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2009 is OVER - Predict LIFETIME Sales of Consoles & Handhelds

jneul said:
Siko1989 said:
my life time prediction
DS 400 Million........................ Nah not really 200 million
Wii 150 million
ps3 57 million
360 50 Million
PSP 60 million

i might of been overconfident with my prediction lol

DS 400 Million?? you must love nintendo lol, just joking i think PS3 and PSP will do alot better than what you think

well i was over segurating with my predictions lol

i will fix that

ps3 76 million and the 360 55 million lol.. obviously my signiture of my 2010 predictions seems much better though lol

Around the Network
Siko1989 said:
jneul said:
Siko1989 said:
my life time prediction
DS 400 Million........................ Nah not really 200 million
Wii 150 million
ps3 57 million
360 50 Million
PSP 60 million

i might of been overconfident with my prediction lol

DS 400 Million?? you must love nintendo lol, just joking i think PS3 and PSP will do alot better than what you think

well i was over segurating with my predictions lol

i will fix that

ps3 76 million and the 360 55 million lol.. obviously my signiture of my 2010 predictions seems much better though lol

yeah I know you was joking I just had to point it out hehe.

my prediction for this year:

PS3 will sell 14m taking it to 45.83m (it may do even more damage hehe)

X360 will sell around 10m taking it to 47.28m

Wii will sell loads as usual lol taking it to around 85m

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

jneul said:
aher052 said:
totalcluedo said:
peachbuggy said:
For the PS3 to sell over 100m it will have to sell over 10m a year for the next 6 years. So you don't see it slowing down at all at any time in the next 6 years?

The ps3 was severely price handicapped up until September yet averaged about 10 million yearly up until then. Without a pricecut next fiscal what will Sonys projections be 14, 15 million?. With a pricecut 18, 19 million?.  We'l know in May.

Yes even more so for the next 3 years....in which they will sell 40mil and then 20mil in the final 3 years of the 6 years remaining

ESP since ps3 has not hit 199 sweet spot and when it does...then it will sell like pretty patties

PS3 will definately reach 100m it has already done 32m in just 3 years (nearly) so it is definately possible, things will go crazy when it is 199.99

First of all, the PS3 won't do 14m without a price cut. Secondly it wouldn't do 20m, even with a price cut. Thirdly, Sony won't cut the price again for a while unless they want to go bankrupt. Lastly, 40m, are you sure? To this i say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard. I have enough trouble believing PS3 will even PEAK at anything close to 20m/a year but 40m? LOOOOOOOOL!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
So, most of you think the PS3 will finish ahead of the 360 eh? I don't think so.

what are your predictions CGI

{sorry I'm gonna probably use the smiley thing forever now! lol}

Know the feeling

Well, lifetime:

Wii - 125-130 mill

Xbx 360 - 70 mill

PS3 - 66.5mill

I stand by that statement that PS3 will stay last.

Sorry m8 but that's a bit rediculous. So u mean the PS3 already has sold almost half of it's lifetime sales? In only 3 years?

PS3 has 31.5 mill sold wight now. Only 35 mill more to go in it's entire lifetime?

Umm Slime, check your Wii prediction then. You have it as selling about 54% of its lifetime in the first 3 years...

My predictions.

Wii - 155M

PS3 - 75M

360 - 75M

DS - 200M

PSP - 75M

These will no doubt be hopelessly wrong, I generally am =P

some you are expecting 100 Million for PS3......oh you guys!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Rath said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
So, most of you think the PS3 will finish ahead of the 360 eh? I don't think so.

what are your predictions CGI

{sorry I'm gonna probably use the smiley thing forever now! lol}

Know the feeling

Well, lifetime:

Wii - 125-130 mill

Xbx 360 - 70 mill

PS3 - 66.5mill

I stand by that statement that PS3 will stay last.

Sorry m8 but that's a bit rediculous. So u mean the PS3 already has sold almost half of it's lifetime sales? In only 3 years?

PS3 has 31.5 mill sold wight now. Only 35 mill more to go in it's entire lifetime?

Umm Slime, check your Wii prediction then. You have it as selling about 54% of its lifetime in the first 3 years...

My predictions.

Wii - 155M

PS3 - 75M

360 - 75M

DS - 200M

PSP - 75M

These will no doubt be hopelessly wrong, I generally am =P

quit copying me!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

peachbuggy said:
jneul said:
aher052 said:
totalcluedo said:
peachbuggy said:
For the PS3 to sell over 100m it will have to sell over 10m a year for the next 6 years. So you don't see it slowing down at all at any time in the next 6 years?

The ps3 was severely price handicapped up until September yet averaged about 10 million yearly up until then. Without a pricecut next fiscal what will Sonys projections be 14, 15 million?. With a pricecut 18, 19 million?.  We'l know in May.

Yes even more so for the next 3 years....in which they will sell 40mil and then 20mil in the final 3 years of the 6 years remaining

ESP since ps3 has not hit 199 sweet spot and when it does...then it will sell like pretty patties

PS3 will definately reach 100m it has already done 32m in just 3 years (nearly) so it is definately possible, things will go crazy when it is 199.99

First of all, the PS3 won't do 14m without a price cut. Secondly it wouldn't do 20m, even with a price cut. Thirdly, Sony won't cut the price again for a while unless they want to go bankrupt. Lastly, 40m, are you sure? To this i say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard. I have enough trouble believing PS3 will even PEAK at anything close to 20m/a year but 40m? LOOOOOOOOL!

read my post again i said it was doing 14m this year, it did nearly 13 this year (if not more), there is no need to be rude or mean, i still think wii is going to rule. Also i never said when it would reach 100m you know people doubted the ps2 as well as first, so just stop it, you don't like it when we do this to the Wii

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

darthdevidem01 said:
some you are expecting 100 Million for PS3......oh you guys!!

it can do it honestly, you have to remember the Wii has found a new audience, an PS will get to 100m eventually, I still think alot of PS2 / X360 users will choose to get one eventually.

PS VITA = LIFE

Ok....

End of 2010

Ps3 = 43m
xbox360 = 47m
Wii = 78m

LTD

Ps3 = 70m
xbox360 = 73m
Wii = 102m

Notice not even many PS3 owners are even predicting 100m for PS3.....

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!