By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA adverts in the uk are only for Playstation

I have noticed that the EA adverts for FIFA08 and for the Simpsons only state that the games is out on the PSP Playstation 2 and 3 and never say Xbox 360 or Wii

Why would they do that?

Same goes for the shops like Tesco they normally only advertise the PS2, why is this.

Does this happen in other countrys?

Around the Network

It's happening with The Simpsons Game.

I believe near the end of the tv commercial, it shows the different game boxes...showing that it is coming out for PS3, 360, Wii, PS2, PSP?, and DS...but then right after that, it shows the big Playstation 3 logo, with sound. wtf? I wonder how Sony's allowed to do that...unless technically I suppose it could have a been a 3 second commercial "conveniently" following the Simpsons Game commercial...that's all I can think of how that's legitimate.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It's happening with Assasins Creed with only the Ps3 version shown

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Could it be Sony are paying for the adverts themselves?

I can't think of another reason other then Sony opening their own wallet on this one.

jammy2211 said:
Could it be Sony are paying for the adverts themselves?

I can't think of another reason other then Sony opening their own wallet on this one.

That'd be a really smart move if they did : give the impression some big games are exclusive to the PS3 when they are not. 

Around the Network

They don't buy exclusive games, they only buy the ads.

It's hardly "smart"...it totally makes sense...everyone knows flashing the logo at the end makes it seem exclusive.

It's lame though...I would like everyone to know about each version of the game, so they could buy what they want.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@benkenobi88

so it wasn't "lame" when M$ did it..

lets face it Ps3 needs these things than the other 2 consoles right now

in NA especially...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

No, darthdevidem, it was lame when MS (not M$) did it too.

It'd be lame if Nintendo did it..it's lame when they pay to flash their logo at the end, even though it's a multiplatform release. I guess they have the right to? But for less-than-informed consumers, it's tricky.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Sony probably is paying for this. I don't know whats lame it is about. They aren't saying that a game is ps3 exclusive. When you put money it's not surprise that an ad will put more accent on your platform. It's not like Microsoft wasn't doing it before.