By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do the Halo games get so muc praise from critics?

Every gamer (Including myself) know that the Halo series is without a doubt one od the most overhyped and overrated game series of all time. There's absolutely nothing special about these games and apart from the music there's nothing excellent about them either, they're about as generic and average as first-person shooters get. The fanbase for this series is the worst out of any game franchise I've encountered, it ranges from fratboys and bratty twelve year-olds. However, they recieve nothing but scores of 9s and 10s (With the exception of Halo 3 ODST & Halo Wars but those games aren't great either) from video game critics around the world and even won many GOTY awards.

Sure the multiplayer is pretty good but there are many other better multiplayer FPS games and the single-player are total snooze fest. There are many other superior first-person shooters that don't recieve as much praise from critics.

Such as:
Red Faction
Breakdown
Prey
Black
Command & Conquer Renegade
TimeSplitters series
XIII
Star Wars Republic Commando
Project Snowblind
The Darkness
Call of Juarez series
etc.

Why do the Halo games get so muc praise from critics? My guess is that they're either being bribed by M$ or they're giving high scores because they're under fanboy pressure.

I'm not saying Halo is a bad game, it's not but it's an average game at best. But I don't understand why critics love the Halo games so much.

Around the Network

Because they're good?

Guys...before you strat replying and having a 5 page topic...consider this.

0 posts, new account, flamebait thread!!!

Go live your life, don't waste it posting here. I realize that I just did post, but I took the bullet for the team to point this out...

Halo earns those review scores.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Reviewers know that reviewing a game with such a huge fanbase that has active users of the internet can make or break hits on their site. It's taking honey from a swarm of bees, only to later to throw small sticks of dynamite at their hive.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Guys...before you strat replying and having a 5 page topic...consider this.

0 posts, new account, flamebait thread!!!

Go live your life, don't waste it posting here. I realize that I just did post, but I took the bullet for the team to point this out...

lol funny!

Why does Mario games?
Why does Zelda games?
Why does Metal Gear games?
etc. etc.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Yeah no....

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000