By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official I was wrong about SMG in Japan thread

FishyJoe said:

I'll admit it. It thought SMG would do much better in Japan the first week. I make no excuses and I place no blame. I thought it would sell better and it didn't.

I'm not angry or upset. I'm somewhat humbled that I don't understand the Japanese market as much as I would like.

I urge other Nintendo fans not to make excuses when sales aren't very good. Just admit things didn't go as you expected and move on.

You are not alone FishyJoe. I am let down by this for sure. SMG is just too good to sleep on like this. 500,000 shoulda been the LEAST it pulled in that week. I wanna get some on the ground feedback about the Japanese gaming public.

I hope this title holds a steady moderate flow rather than falling off the charts without fanfare. I don't get why a Mario spinoff like Mario Party 8 (eight for god's sake!) is getting more commercial enthusiasm than the actual mainline of the franchise. It's multiplayer at that and Luigi's back in it for God's sake. The game looks just wonderful and seems to play just the same. Why doesn't Japan like it more? It's like Zack & Wiki X 9000! (Nine thousaaaaaaaand!!! says Prince Vegeta)

I called for at least 1,000,000 over there and got not only halved but three-quartered on that prediction. Wrong again just like my Metroid Prime 3 500,000 prediction in August. It hurts but I gotta take my lumps right with you FishyJoe.

America and Europe better show SMG the proper respect because this title deserves it. Too well made to sleep on.

Of course none of this changes my view on Wii Fit being killer over there when it launches. I never waver on my predictions. Only the truth revealed can break my laserfocus.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!