By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official ALAN WAKE Thread

I keep forgetting there are threads in game specific forums now.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
So your the commander of both Heavy Rain and Alan wake round' here? hehe, you sure are versatile.

I just hope he finds time to actually play the games when they are released.

One thing that really does shock me about this game is that it does not feature Nolan North (well I am sure his in there somewhere....), just some random voice actor

I'll have to look up what Nolan North has done to see if i rate his abilities but I am tired of hearing about him.

edit, nothing stands out as fantastic. He seems to play dull or annoying characters. Desmond Miles, Sgt. Forge. PoP.

At least he's not that Hayate bloke.

Lord Flashheart said:

I'll have to look up what Nolan North has done to see if i rate his abilities but I am tired of hearing about him.

edit, nothing stands out as fantastic. He seems to play dull or annoying characters. Desmond Miles, Sgt. Forge. PoP.

At least he's not that Hayate bloke.

He's Nathan Drake most importantly (and he has appeared on TV), but he just seems to be in every game, even in some minor role. Apart from Nate, I think his best performance was as Sigmund in Ratchet, because it sounded nothing like him

It just comes as a shock when an everman character opens his mouth and doesn't sound like Nate.. but it is a good thing that it is not him

Around the Network

Haven't seen much of Drake but he does seem to be quite an annoying character.
As I don't really know what he sounds like I don't notice him when he's the everyman character. Think I want to keep it that way.

But he does have a hell of a lot of credits to his name. A hard worker. For me no-one will be as good as Dwight Schultz.

Lord Flashheart said:

Haven't seen much of Drake but he does seem to be quite an annoying character.
As I don't really know what he sounds like I don't notice him when he's the everyman character. Think I want to keep it that way.

But he does have a hell of a lot of credits to his name. A hard worker. For me no-one will be as good as Dwight Schultz.

Nate is one of the most loved characters, because Uncharted is one of those rare games with character development. It is good to see games with much better story telling and more interesting characters. As far as I can tell, Alan Wake is going to deliver on an interesting story, and at least 1 interesting character, I haven't seen much of support characters apart from a little bit about his agent and his wife, but I think this is a story about Alan Wake.

I do keep getting more excited about this game, and then I read that it is more intense than Dead Space... Well I have time to wait for user reaction anyway

Is dead space intence. It looked like a good game but went for shock and gore.

Lord Flashheart said:
Is dead space intence. It looked like a good game but went for shock and gore.

It's meant to be terrifying, which is not my type of game

Ah. So you don't want it that intense in AW.
Personally I love shock and horror so it's good for me.