By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2010 the year the xbox 360 dominates

Playingwithfirex said:
hudsoniscool said:
@playingwithfirex
there isnt hype right now but in 6 months there will be. the marketing will be as big if not bigger then 3 so there really isnt a reason reach cant outsell halo 3. halo 3 sold 10.5m and the campaign in many peoples eyes was short and sucked so if reach has a good campaign(it should since it has a great story) and the game is north of 10 hours it should and probably will outsell halo 3.

I did say that the Hype will probably pick up in a few months, and it won't be bigger than Halo 3. You see this is how it works, when there is a successful franchise, its hype is always at its biggest during the Main series. Now since Halo 3 ended the Main series, many people will not come back to the series to play a spin-off. Granted Reach is a Prequel to Combat Evolved, it is still not in the Main series and there will not be the urge to pick it up and play it because you already know the series ended. Now if they made Halo 4 , I have no doubt it would outsell Halo 3 but that is because the huge cliffhanger at the end of Halo 3 would be answered. But with Bungie leaving Microsoft after Halo Reach, I don't see a Halo 4 in the NEAR Future. It will come but not this generation. I stand by the fact that Halo Reach will sell 8-9 million, simply because the main series has concluded and the Hype machine that is Halo is now dwindlng.

You know it would be hilarious if Bungie did leave M$ and end up making a great remake or sequel to ONI on the PS3 rofl. Doubt it will happen but then again, noone thought FFXIII would be on the 360 and we all saw how that turned out.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
Jedidiah-Rose said:
bit much for sales dude,12 million really? Halo 3 only got past 10 million this year.

I reckon somewhere between 3-6 million for Halo Reach.falls in line with Halo:ODST.

Personally I judge a year by how critically successful games have been.2008 GOTY went to LittleBigPlanet with a lot of critics,and this year Uncharted 2,knowing how much critics like ICO games,The Last Guardian could easily become GOTY 2010.

Also it would be a wise to note that PS3 will most likely continue outselling Xbox360 worldwide for many weeks to come at the rate it's been going.There's only one Nation where it has trouble selling.The Home nation of the Xbox,where it's bought mostly cause americans think it's good that they made it.

Yea your right look at halo 3 that had no install base when it came out, odst was a small spin off and was not seen as a major heavy hitter.

I agree with 12 million for halo reach, I also think it will sell more then what modern warfare 2 did on the 360.

Remember bias guy that halo reach is not just a add on it's a new game with a new engine. So before you go run your mouth you should think.

To add to that Natal will make up all lost sales and even put ps3 even more behind before the price cut.. japan will make up alot of sales off natal.. We will see, (splinter cell or alan wake should get game of the year).

FastFord58 said:
Playingwithfirex said:
Jedidiah-Rose said:
bit much for sales dude,12 million really? Halo 3 only got past 10 million this year.

I reckon somewhere between 3-6 million for Halo Reach.falls in line with Halo:ODST.

Personally I judge a year by how critically successful games have been.2008 GOTY went to LittleBigPlanet with a lot of critics,and this year Uncharted 2,knowing how much critics like ICO games,The Last Guardian could easily become GOTY 2010.

Also it would be a wise to note that PS3 will most likely continue outselling Xbox360 worldwide for many weeks to come at the rate it's been going.There's only one Nation where it has trouble selling.The Home nation of the Xbox,where it's bought mostly cause americans think it's good that they made it.

Calm down you don't want to start a revolution...oh too late.

Reach will sell 5-7 million but will not even be a good game *cough* *cough* Halo fagboys *cough*...oops my hand slipped, no wait it didn't.

Team ICO Games are incredible and I could easily see them winning GOTY with The Last Guardian.

Games shouldn't be judged by sales because TBH they have nothing to do with the quality of the game, sure they may reflect how good the game is but that doesn't account for all the stupid buyers, you know the ones that know nothing about the game just that it has a famous franchise labeled on it like Halo or Mario(with exceptions).

PS3 will most likely continue outselling 360 and by the time Natal comes out it will still out sell it, whats so great about NATAL you people (not the guy I'm replying to, actually this post has nothing to do with the guy I am replying to...) act like it is the second coming or has the ability to make love...can it because that would be pretty cool? I can see it now "Xbox turn on, no not like that down boy down!"

Are you like 12 years old or something? This is the reason you PS3 fans have a bad name right here.

Again calm down, I don't mean to give PS3 users a bad name I just think Halo is extremely overrated and Gears of War deserves more credit, I lost interest in Halo after 2 and Gears still has me hooked. BTW I do own both systems, and I'll change that comment. I hate how much of a Hyped up Franchise Halo is. People buy Halo games for the simple reason that it says Halo!

2010 Hardware Sales Predictions

Wii: 20m- Sales will drop, but not by much.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

Xbox 360: 11m- It sold 11m in 2008 and 2009, I think it will sell the same.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

well nintendo is going to dominate next year regardless of what microsoft or sony do. ultimatly software for 360 will be amazing next year i expect splinter cell to suffer a lil from all the other heavy hitters in early q1. sony also has some amazing software next year as well, natal will make or break who sells more units in 2010 between ps3 and 360. we also know a good deal about microsofts holiday software, fable 3, reach, and natal but what will sony have for christmas? expect absolutly massive e3 this year, going to be amazing.

lets not declare any goty for next year yet please lol remember when everyone was saying that about killzone 2 or resident evil 5, reviewers forget games that come out in q1.(not that those games deserved it anyway lol). i know andy macnamera says he knows 5 killer games that have yet to be announced for next year so lets wait until at least e3 to start the goty wars lol.

"even a dead god still dreams"

spacetattoo82 said:
Jedidiah-Rose said:

Yea your right look at halo 3 that had no install base when it came out, odst was a small spin off and was not seen as a major heavy hitter.

I agree with 12 million for halo reach, I also think it will sell more then what modern warfare 2 did on the 360.

Remember bias guy that halo reach is not just a add on it's a new game with a new engine. So before you go run your mouth you should think.

To add to that Natal will make up all lost sales and even put ps3 even more behind before the price cut.. japan will make up alot of sales off natal.. We will see, (splinter cell or alan wake should get game of the year).

This is all predicated on HOPING that Natal will sell, HOPING that 360 gets a Price Cut, and the HOPE that Splinter Cell and or Alan Wake are Great enough to make GOTY. Really you don't know whats going to happen,I don't know whats going to happen, NOBODY knows at this point. I agree Alan Wake has a Chance at GOTY but don't think Splinter Cell will, but again we don't know yet, they could bomb for all we know.

PS3: 13.5m- It sold 12m in 2009, its only common sense it will sell more this year.

My Fanboy Speech...

Why do you have to make excuses to defend a product that you purchased, but that's the only connection you have to it, you don't make it, you don't lose or gain money on it. I don't see where all of the defensiveness comes in, there is no reason for you or anybody else to feel obligated to defend it. Now I would understand if one of you were a developer for the product and you slaved over said product only to hear somebody call it stupid or a piece of junk. But none of you developed it, none of you are mature enough to realize that. Choosing a product all comes down to preference, you chose said product because it is best for you. Simple as that!

Around the Network

Why do people bank so much on Alan Wake? Odds are, it won't outsell the first Mass Effect.........

Splinter Cell as well. It isn't a system seller or anything; I see it faring better than Alan Wake, but the gameplay has changed quite a bit.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

CGI-Quality said:
Playingwithfirex said:
FastFord58 said:
Playingwithfirex said:
Jedidiah-Rose said:

Calm down you don't want to start a revolution...oh too late.

Reach will sell 5-7 million but will not even be a good game *cough* *cough* Halo fagboys *cough*...oops my hand slipped, no wait it didn't.

Team ICO Games are incredible and I could easily see them winning GOTY with The Last Guardian.

Games shouldn't be judged by sales because TBH they have nothing to do with the quality of the game, sure they may reflect how good the game is but that doesn't account for all the stupid buyers, you know the ones that know nothing about the game just that it has a famous franchise labeled on it like Halo or Mario(with exceptions).

PS3 will most likely continue outselling 360 and by the time Natal comes out it will still out sell it, whats so great about NATAL you people (not the guy I'm replying to, actually this post has nothing to do with the guy I am replying to...) act like it is the second coming or has the ability to make love...can it because that would be pretty cool? I can see it now "Xbox turn on, no not like that down boy down!"

Are you like 12 years old or something? This is the reason you PS3 fans have a bad name right here.

Again calm down, I don't mean to give PS3 users a bad name I just think Halo is extremely overrated and Gears of War deserves more credit, I lost interest in Halo after 2 and Gears still has me hooked. BTW I do own both systems, and I'll change that comment. I hate how much of a Hyped up Franchise Halo is. People buy Halo games for the simple reason that it says Halo!

It couldn't have been that way without it being an entertaining, quality franchise at some point. If anything, this is more of a good thing than a bad, as this implies that Halo is one of the key franchises that pushes the envelope, and industry, forward. Even I don't praise it, though ODST made me keep watch, but know of it's importance and relevance to the industry.

If HUGE franchises like this start to die off, the industry is in trouble, IMO.

Never said it wasn't a good franchise at some point. Franchises die and new ones are born, Developers move on and Bungie is moving on after Reach, 343 Industries is taking its place and who knows it could change the Halo Franchise for the better or the worst. I don't know any HUGE franchises that have died off, I will give you that but the end of a franchse isn't the end of the world and a new king will be crowned. Trust me If Halo goes True Gamers will just move on, I'm not saying I want Halo gone I just want something new.

My Fanboy Speech...

NYANKS said:
It's interesting that some people make it sound like Nintendo dominates every year it has existed. "Nintendo will dominate like always...", etc. Clearly some people missed the ten years before the Wii came out. The Wii will continue to dominate until the gen is over, but let's be reasonable.

Yeah it's still sureal to hear people say things like that. I grew up and did the bulk of my gaming in the mid 90s and early 2000s when Nintendo was the underdog, and I'm still use to that to this day. Never thought Nintendo would be leading the pack again, but I'm glad they are. I just hope it doesn't get to their head, like back in the early 90s.

Wow so many wii fanboys....its really embarrassing. To quote what someone else said "I feel like vomiting"

i think wii will dominate in terms of sales of course

but...

in terms of quality games, then ps3 and 360 will dominate hands down. Nintendo has only 4 games for 2010 that i think will stand out and thats it.

back on topic, i dont know who will win the real battle between quality games in 2010, 360 or ps3. but i'm more excited about the games coming to ps3 then 360, they seem to have more variety and more innovation to them.

however i'm really excited about mass effect!

Halo: Reach, Fable 3, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and Mass Effect 2 make it a very good year indeed.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*