By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What persisted you to buy your first console?

The first console I bought for myself was my Game Boy Light, and I bought it because my parents confiscated my Game Boy Color and I was too addicted to Pokemon to live without it.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

My older bro got a N64 for Christmas and was nice enough to share. My first own console was the Gamecube because of this commercial and my past experiences with the N64:

I still remeber playing the PS1, all those side-scrolling games. Makes me feel so old =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

iLLmaticV3 said:
Playstation 2, to buy Final Fantasy X.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

My first console was a snes, given to me by my father.

The first console I bought was a PS3.

Around the Network

lol, so maybe I'm younger

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

First console was a handed down Atari 2600 (River Raid FTW) but the first console I bought with my own money was the PS3, for GT5 (two years in, still waiting). In between the two was 18 years of PC gaming.

First system I bought by collecting my own cash was the DS a few years ago. Bought it cause the touchscreen looked cool.

The Saturn was the first system I bought myself. I bought it because it was made by SEGA.

I was never a complete fanboy nor blinded as I gave other consoles a chance. My brother and I shared a Commodore 64, then my father bought us both an Atari 2600. Then Dad asked me if I would want an NES or a Sega Master System. I didn't know any better so I chose the NES. Later on I would sleep over at a friend's house from time to time cuz his Sega had an amazing library (his pops had the money for that library lol). Then I was to choose between the SNES and the Genesis, I chose the Genesis. Finally my father married again and his wife's son had an SNES so we would trade off every few days. Fast forward, my cousin let me borrow his playstation with FFVII and Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. I fell in love with it and wanted to get more games and whatnot so I finally bought it. Then PS2, and now PS3. I still managed to play Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, Saturn, Neo Geo and Turbo Graphix 16 extensively (pretty much all handhelds as well).

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.