By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Wii Sports replacements

It is quite odd isn't it! Could be incorrect.

Around the Network

The problem is, even though there are sports games out, wii sports is better than most if not all of them.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics looks like it will give you a slick sports game with Waggle, but so far I haven't played any games that beat the expierience of WiiSports for those particular games. MLB Power Pros is great but not motion sensing.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I hope Top Spin will be a better Tennis game, where you can control the character more.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Yeah top spin looks to be decent. I can't believe the Tennis franchise hasn't been taken advantage of yet. I don't know about you guys but tennis was mine (along with all of my friends) favourite game on Wii Sports. I played it for months getting my skill up to over 2000 points lol.

Around the Network

AMAZING=MLB Power Pros (REALLY REALLY good, though it only makes partial use of the motion control. Very deep and fun)

PRETTY GOOD= Tiger Woods 08

FAIR
Rockstar Presents Table Tennis
Tiger Woods 07
The BIGS
Victorious Boxers: Revolution

LAME
Brunswick Pro Bowling (Awful! Motion Control very poor, not even rental material here)

TOO SOON TO TELL=

We Love Golf!
AMF Bowling Pinbusters!
Leaderboard Golf
Major League Baseball 2K8
Showtime Championship Boxing
Super Swing Golf: Season 2
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics
Top Spin

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
loadedstatement said:
You cant replace WiiSports yet in a single title. However some individual sports titles come extremely close. One being MLB Power Pros Baseball.

It doesn't really use the Wiimote like wii sports though except for the "Wiimote mode" which just seems like Wii Sports baseball where you can control your baserunning.  Though i haven't explored that mode much.

I didn't care much for the wii sports tennis. I'm really looking forward to the announcement of mario tennis. I think that could be an incredible game if done right.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

How about a Mario Sports? Mario tennis, Mario baseball, Mario bowling, Mario boxing and Mario golf. Wow! That'll be great. I am praying for this one, haha.

WW Market share prediction on 31st March 08 (I make this prediction on 13 Dec 07):

Wii - 50%

X360 - 30%

PS3 - 20%

stranne said:
December 27? That's an odd date.

Smartass Limit Break Enabled:  You are correct, 27 is indeed an odd number

On a more serious note, I was never very impressed with the golf in Wii Sports tbh.  I love the bowling, tennis, and boxing though and baseball was ok for me. 

To Each Man, Responsibility