By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Best Local Multiplayer FPS on the 360?

I would probably go with Halo 3. Left 4 Dead is ok but L4D1 splitt screen had some horrendous frame rate. I'm assuming the same for L4D2.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Halo 3 is better than Quantum.
if you have an Xbox you will automatically have to get Halo 3. its better than ODST IMO.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Its got to be Halo 3. If I were you, I would just buy Halo 3: ODST because the game comes with a separate disc that has the complete Halo 3 multiplayer (including $30+ of map packs that were released after Halo 3 came out). the ODST disc has a Horde-type mode (cant think of the name) that is really addicting and fun for local co-op, and the campaign is actually pretty fun- IMO its got a perfect balance of stealthy covert FPS gameplay in an open world (not so linear), with nice small breaks where its more run and gun classic Halo combat (just with more tactics cuz you dont have as much health as when you are Master Chief), and an interesting (but maybe not real epic) storyline. The campaign itself is about 6-12 hours long depending on what difficulty you play it on. Not bad for $60- im sure you could probably find it in some post holiday sale for $40.

just my 2 cents

Thanks, everyone. Halo 3 it is.

Yeah Halo 3 is the best local co-op game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Actually theres Castle Crashers for $6 as well, don't forget about that game!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Actually theres Castle Crashers for $6 as well, don't forget about that game!

Remind me again how to unlock FPS mode?

OT: GRAW can be had for the cheaps.

Call of Duty isn't too shabby in that department. I think they all four 4-player splitscreen if I'm not mistaken. MW2 even let's you earn experience while doing splitscreen, so if that's your only option, you can still get some of the RPG like elements it offers.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Perfect Dark Zero?

Left4Dead, even my girlfriend loves it, and she hates shooters.