By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN ranks Final Fantasy series

Great list. A truly amazing series. I've tried so many times, and it's extremely hard to narrow them down to a top 5. Here's mine:

1 - Final Fantasy VII.
2 - Final Fantasy XII.
3 - Final Fantasy X.
4 - Final Fantasy VI.
5 - Final Fantasy VIII, IX or IV.

Around the Network

ff6 better then 7 and 9...hell noo!

Great list, overall no FF fan list would be the same to one another, due to it having so many games and each bringing so many different feelings to each fan.

Me, i'm glad that FFIV is getting the recognition it deserves, but I wouldn't put FFXII so low, as it's easily my second favourite FF after FFVI :)

So my top 4 would be FFVI, FFXII, FFVII and FFIV

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I'm glad IV got the recognition. My favorite FF

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I didn't play them ALL (only played the 3D ones, PSX +), but the ones i liked most are VIII and XII. My friend was crazy about FFX, which was one of the best as well.

Great overall series, one of the best in the industry.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network

i agree, ffxiii deserves to be below ff11 according to japans bad response to it

Well that's a change.

When it was "Best 100 games of all time"

It went

In IGN's estimation FF4 seems to have dropped quite a bit.

tedsteriscool said:

Go FFX! My #1 game of all time (any genre, etc)!

I wonder where XIII will place? My bet is near XII.

It will be last IMO the story sucked more than XII fail storyline. You will know it when you see it.

Only thing the game is excellent is the graphics. I am very dissapointed in FFXIII.

Looking forward to FF Versus XIII now.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I haven't played VI maybe I should.....